Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction on a store/service center in Quebec City has been off and on since last May. In December, they were hurrying to finish paving and sealing the parking lot, but since then no work has been observed afaik.

Last I looked in January, the inside was barren and unfinished. Basically, the prior floor and walls had been taken out, but nothing had been added. Now, for the first time, there are jobs offered for the coming location.

RECHERCHE D'EMPLOI | Tesla Canada

How many months was it from the 1st job listings to grand opening at the latest centers in Calgary and Mississauga?

Tesla at CF Sherway Gardens

BRIEF: Mastermind Toys Expanding, Avenue Road Comes to Van, Tesla Partners with CF
Tesla Partners with Cadillac Fairview on Expansion: California-based electric car company Tesla will open its fourth Canadian shopping centre location this summer at Toronto's CF Sherway Gardens. Tesla continues to see strong sales in Canada and has partnered with Cadillac Fairview for an expansion with more expected to follow.

Sherway's Tesla will be located in the mall's beautiful north expansion that opened in 2015. Tesla will be located next to new Sandro and Maje stores, which are also scheduled to open in several months. The retail space is part of what was once Holt Renfrew, which relocated to Mississauga's Square One in the summer of 2016.

Tesla currently operates Canadian stores in Vancouver, Toronto, Oakville ON, Calgary, Montreal and Quebec City. The Montreal store/sales centre is the largest in North America, spanning an impressive 45,000 square feet. The company’s other three mall-based stores are at Toronto’s Yorkdale Shopping Centre (Tesla’s first store in Canada), at Calgary’s CF Chinook Centre, and at Park Royal in West Vancouver.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
My Model X will not install updates due to a malfunctioning falcon wing door sensor. Ranger came to Ottawa from Montreal but couldn’t fix it. I had to drive to Montreal, drop it off and drive back with a loaner (90D Model S). Asked them to swap winter / summer wheels/tires.
Today, they called to tell me they’re awaiting delivery of the sensor, that I should come back to get my car and a Ranger would come to Ottawa to replace it.
10 hours of driving to swap tires! We need an Ottawa SC. Soon.

Reactions: Falkirk and Peter_M
That’s frustrating. I don’t expect to see an Ottawa SC until we have hundreds of Model 3s locally. So a couple of years at best.

I recently had some sevice that took two months to complete. The infamous door handles. This wasn’t Montreal‘s fault - they couldn’t get the parts. Everything was done by ranger service. The issue was less the location and more Tesla Fremont. It was frustrating though because I had to crawl in the passenger side to open the door for two months!

I feel your frustration with the lack of an Ottawa SC. Sure would be nice to have one east of Montreal too, for the Atlantic provinces. Imagine a repair requirement for a Tesla needing a flatbed ride to Montreal from my home (2 hours past Halifax)? Those logistics are messing with my decision to buy/not buy a Tesla. Supercharges seem to be planned, but not being built just yet. And the offer to sell me a Tesla by June just arrived.

Surprising that there haven't been more new Service Centres opening up. I don't know how they will be able to service the fleet once the Model 3s start to be delivered, especially if there are any recalls, and those are kind of inevitable (I am on the second recall now for my Model S). And it appears to take well over six months from start to finish of a new Service Centre.

Reactions: Falkirk
How many Teslas do you think there are in the Ottawa area?

Well looking at Tesla’s carbon impact table, we have about 8% as many cars as Toronto. Given the population ratio that’s disappointing. But there’s a chicken-and-egg aspect to this. Not having a service center is a major disincentive to most purchasers.

Oakville has the same carbon numbers as Ottawa. While for a long time they didn’t have their own service center, they weren’t that far from Tranmere. So I would expect Ottawa sales would be MUCH higher if there was local service.

I feel your frustration with the lack of an Ottawa SC. Sure would be nice to have one east of Montreal too, for the Atlantic provinces.

Not what you mean by East, but a service center is opening in Quebec City in a couple of months. Currently, there is a ranger full-time in Quebec City for service (no fee for the ranger service, even if he has to rent space in a local garage).

When Quebec City opens, perhaps it will free-up the ranger to be based further East.

Looks like a store (and probably service centre) will be opening in Kitchener-Waterloo soon. Local news is reporting it from the current owners at Tesla eyeing Kitchener for dealership .

Not 100% confirmed until Tesla announces but I believe it. A friend at Tesla (that was right on Model 3 invite timing) also said that KW would see a store this year.

City of Kitchener Permit Search:
Permit number: 18-108146 MS
Description: "PERMIT IS FOR THE INTERIOR ALTERATIONS TO AN EXISTING CAR DEALERSHIP TO CONVERT INTO A TESLA SALES CENTRE"

Looks like a store (and probably service centre) will be opening in Kitchener-Waterloo soon. Local news is reporting it from the current owners at Tesla eyeing Kitchener for dealership .

Not 100% confirmed until Tesla announces but I believe it. A friend at Tesla (that was right on Model 3 invite timing) also said that KW would see a store this year.

I saw this on a Facebook post. I find it questionable given the track record of the company involved. They've worked with 4 automotive companies that have gone under/defunct/left North America (Saturn, Isuzu, Suzuki and Saab). Kudos for trying, but not exactly the pinnacle of business (shy of survival).