Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tweet from Elon
"Just reviewed Tesla’s service locations in North America & realized we have major gaps in geographic coverage! Sorry for this foolish oversight. Tesla will aim to cover all regions of NA (not just big cities) within 3 to 6 months."
Yah right. Elon's tweets are not always very truthful - which is why he is no longer Chairman of Tesla. Perhaps he is partaking of some of Canada's newly legal substances.

Reactions: adaptabl
Have they even started work on the Kitchener/Waterloo service center? They've owned the location for a few months now. I think the drive to profitability derailed everything. I hope the numbers are good in November, otherwise we'll have another quarter of no activity. :mad:

Have they even started work on the Kitchener/Waterloo service center? They've owned the location for a few months now. I think the drive to profitability derailed everything. I hope the numbers are good in November, otherwise we'll have another quarter of no activity. :mad:
I drove by last weekend and took a peek around the outside. Nothing to note. There is a lot of other construction there with the Victoria St hiway overpass being rebuilt right on it's door step.

Trans-Canada hwy Superchargers were announced to be completed this year, not that anyone were holding their breaths, but still. The few permits in MB haven't even translated into construction sites thus far, so the added SCs will more than likely wait the Elon Time schedule.

They've redesigned the Tesla careers search engine to allow you to select cities from a drop-down menu. Kitchener is on the list, but no jobs are offered, so it probably will not open in the next three months.

I wonder if some of the other cities listed are clues. For example, is there a service centre coming to Dartmouth? No job currently listed for there and I suppose it could just be for a ranger or for Tesla Energy, but here's the screenshot FWIW :

teslaservicecanada.jpg

They've redesigned the Tesla careers search engine to allow you to select cities from a drop-down menu. Kitchener is on the list, but no jobs are offered, so it probably will not open in the next three months.

I wonder if some of the other cities listed are clues. For example, is there a service centre coming to Dartmouth? No job currently listed for there and I suppose it could just be for a ranger or for Tesla Energy, but here's the screenshot FWIW :

View attachment 346974
apply and find out! :p

• Funny
Reactions: mrElbe

View attachment 346974

Interesting, All those Other cities have either a Store or a Service Center. Hope that means Service Center is at least planned for the future.I know a few people who would buy a Tesla but not having a service centre is a deal breaker.

That Dartmouth careers listing is likely for their battery R&D partnership with Innovacorp (Tesla).

Still would love to have a showroom/service center show up in the HRM to service the Maritimes. Would make much more sense than the rumors of NB.
That’s possible. Could also be eyeing Dartmouth Crossing or Burnside for a service shop.
HSC is rumored to be a sales spot, but they couldn’t put a service bay in there.

HSC and Halifax in general would be a fantastic choice for Tesla's Atlantic Canada foothold.

It seems like every week I see more Model 3s running around. Plus we have the population for it (combined with Tesla's low overhead for stores) and maybe with their increasing penetration in the Chinese market, we could see Chinese students moving from O'Reagan's to Tesla.

The basement level of Sears would make the most sense for them and I'm sure would offer ample space for what they would need (showroom for 3 vehicles + energy products, delivery bay, possible service intake) and then augmented with a service center/warehouse in Burnside or Chain Lake. Especially with Elon saying that most services can be provided at home by rovers.

Plus, it would be a perfect location for a few supercharger stalls since Bayer's Road connects directly to the 102.

Who do we send a petition to? I imagine we can set a fire under HSC to start making some calls.

Hate to double post, but I did a quick sketch of what a showroom/delivery center could look like at the HSC.

~5,500 sqft, similar to the Tesla showroom in the meatpacking district in NYC. It would only take up maybe 1/4 of the available space of the old Sears space on the ground level alone.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 17.37.26.png

Now we just have the chicken and the egg game to play.

The proverbial ball is in Tesla’s court. Until they move on a location, all we can do is watch and wait.

With the lack of motion on the Enfield supercharger, I’m starting to wonder if that is being relocated closer to the city.

Tesla is currently working towards opening a new Sales + Service Center in Vaughan/Woodbridge, ONT.

Address: 2 Chrislea Rd.; Woodbridge, ON
Across the road from Vaughan Power Centre. On the NE corner of the intersection of Chrislea and Weston Roads.

Project: The location previously housed a Sears Home retail store/warehouse which has since gone out of business and the property has been sitting vacant. It's a little more than 4,500 m^2 (~48,500 ft^2) of Gross Floor Area to be used for operating a car brokerage with sales, leasing, servicing, and repairs of electric vehicles. As well as retail warehousing and sales of power storage products, solar panels (including Tesla's Solar Roof product), battery chargers, and various additional miscellaneous items like merchandising gear. Basically a full Tesla store/gallery for all their products plus a Service and Repair center.

Sources
:
  • Planning/Zoning Variance Approval on 2018-06-07 [PDF warning; page 15] -- In order to allow Tesla to sell the specific products they want from that particular location, a minor variance to local zoning rules/by-laws was applied for and eventually approved on June 7th of this year (screencap of approval attached below). "Relief from the By-Law is being requested to permit a proposed retail warehouse facility to support a Tesla Electric Vehicle & Energy Product Establishment."
  • Submission justifying the zoning variance [PDF warning] -- The submission in support of Tesla's plans for that location included a document which, in addition to the reasoning, contained a page from the project plans showing prospective floor plans (image attached). The main entrance to the building opens up into the showroom and is at the bottom center.

Attachments

• Vaughan Service+ zoning approval.png
    Vaughan Service+ zoning approval.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Vaughan Service+ Floor plan.png
    Vaughan Service+ Floor plan.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 72