Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll willing to blame their contactor Black & Veatch for now. :)

Hopefully once we get our dozen or so superchargers across the country they will continue to build them over time and give guys like Mayhemm a chance to experience Superchargers as well.

We've long since learned to believe it only when we see it. I've read those comments before: going as fast as we can, everyone's so co-operative, etc. As for « Cependant le site de Toronto et de Squamish (Colombie-britannique) est maintenant repoussé au mois de juillet », same reaction, for the Toronto site, at least. (Site selection doesn't mean much: it's been known in Toronto for a long time.)

I'd be pleased to be proved wrong. Tesla should take notably more interest in Canada.

We've long since learned to believe it only when we see it. I've read those comments before: going as fast as we can, everyone's so co-operative, etc. As for « Cependant le site de Toronto et de Squamish (Colombie-britannique) est maintenant repoussé au mois de juillet », same reaction, for the Toronto site, at least. (Site selection doesn't mean much: it's been known in Toronto for a long time.)

I'd be pleased to be proved wrong. Tesla should take notably more interest in Canada.

I completely agree with you, but at least we now have a confirmed location for the Drummondville SpC that is not in Ontario :biggrin:

As for timing, I'll definetly believe it only when I see it. However, the fact that this high-level source at Tesla knew about the Quebec-only two week summer construction holiday tells me that he knows about the details particular to the site, and I see this as positive.

For now, we keep waiting!

Hopefully once we get our dozen or so superchargers across the country they will continue to build them over time and give guys like Mayhemm a chance to experience Superchargers as well.

Well, I'll be traveling through Quebec the first and third weeks of August so if Tesla sticks to their timetable (and, knowing them, that's a BIG if) I should be able to make use of this one. With my luck, I'll probably miss it by a few days... :crying:

I suspect a gentle but firm campaign of writing to Tesla might help. I myself wouldn't know whom to contact.

I Tweeted to Musk & Tesla couple of times in the last weeks that Canadians Tesla owners were getting more and more frustrated seeing all the Germany/Sweden/China and al getting new SC in the last days and Canada didn't have any yet :S ... think others did too... don't think it's a coincidence that we had an update like that...

Though, August from Drumm SC is still very far but at at least we have less «anxiety» in our heads now! :p

I Tweeted to Musk & Tesla couple of times in the last weeks that Canadians Tesla owners were getting more and more frustrated seeing all the Germany/Sweden/China and al getting new SC in the last days and Canada didn't have any yet :S ... think others did too... don't think it's a coincidence that we had an update like that...

Though, August from Drumm SC is still very far but at at least we have less «anxiety» in our heads now! :p

Drumm's permit is now officially added on Supercharge.info!

Superchargers

There has been a lot of speculation on certification of the Tesla Supercharger Cabinets, Voltage Compatibility, etc. Except for some of the original six California Superchargers, I think all of the new Superchargers in the U.S. use some pretty sophisticated Square-D (Schneider) Distribution Panels. I assume that they are available in Canada, but I wonder if there are any issues getting these units to Canadian sites.

I hope the Distribution Panels are not another speedbump on the way to the first Canadian Superchargers.

Squamish ConstructionUpdate

Looks like the power is in and the line buried to the construction site. Appears to be 5 to 6 electrifying spots! :love:
IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.