Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on Barrie? It's still shown by Tesla as "Coming Soon". And for that matter, London? It's shown as 2014 and we're almost at Q4.

Re: Barrie and London:
From Mr. Paquet at Tesla, we have a 2-minute clip at The Financial Post on Aug 15 where he emphasizes (without specific time lines) that Tesla's highest priorities for Canadian SCs are these 3:
* Vancouver to Calgary & Edmonton
* Quebec City to Windsor
* Barrie

Link: Tesla Motors Inc extends Model S warranty coverage in wake of Consumer Reports criticism | Financial Post

PS: Judging from an identical cover image (I didn't play it), the same clip may already have been published a bit earlier, on Jul 31: How Tesla Motors Inc plans to turn Canadians onto high-end electric cars | Financial Post

Too close to ,Montreal. Would only be 50 km from new Tesla store.

Is that assuming there will be a SpC at the new store in Montreal? If that's the case, they should place one in Ottawa which is 200 km away at the new Tanger Factory Outlets, close to the Canadian Tire Centre, and the Kanata Auto Park.

That would be great marketing where prospective car buyers would see a permanent Tesla presence with owners pulling up to charge and potentially sell new Model S/X's.

Reminds me of when Oracle bought every airport taxi cab billboard during a SAP conference. :)

Is that assuming there will be a SpC at the new store in Montreal?

If that's the case, they should place one in Ottawa which is 200 km away at the new Tanger Factory Outlets

1) Yes, I will be very surprised if there aren't at least two charging stalls at the new Montreal Store/Service Center.

2) As for Ottawa, could they install Superchargers where you would see them whenever a politician talks favorably about oil sands?

1) Yes, I will be very surprised if there aren't at least two charging stalls at the new Montreal Store/Service Center.

2) As for Ottawa, could they install Superchargers where you would see them whenever a politician talks favorably about oil sands?

Agreed about Montreal... pretty sure I heard somewhere that they are going to be getting Superchargers.

Speaking as an Ottawa resident, the last place you want to put them is near Parliament Hill. You'd want somewhere actually useful, like near the 417!

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though, took a long time but the eastern superchargers are happening. Only needed 130-some pages of discussion.

I wonder how Toronto is doing. I could really use a charge on Friday. But I'm sure Tesla is planning to turn it on one week after I pass through, like they did with Syracuse. :tongue:

Last edited:
There are HPWCs at Yorkdale Mall.

Worst case - if I'm home you could swing by my place. 401/Port Union Rd. Unfortunately my HPWC is in my garage and you have to be careful and back in. I haven't put it on plugshare since I'm rarely home. BTW, my offer is open to anyone if I'm home. PM for my phone number.

Last edited:
There are HPWCs at Yorkdale Mall.

Worst case - if I'm home you could swing by my place. 401/Port Union Rd. Unfortunately my HPWC is in my garage and you have to be careful and back in. I haven't put it on plugshare since I'm rarely home. BTW, my offer is open to anyone if I'm home. PM for my phone number.

If you are in a bind, same offer on the other side of Toronto, Mavis/401, my cable does reach just enough out of the garage however.

Thanks - got a couple of offers! Much appreciated.

Figuring things out... looks like it will be 4-5 hours charging on top of a 7 hour drive. Long day. Given timing, I may decide to rent an ICE. :eek:

Ouch! I'm overseas right now and experiencing this firsthand and I'm not liking it; although gas here is super cheap ($0.13/L/91) but it's not the point... I really miss my Tesla. :(

I'm attending a friend's wedding in Toronto on the first weekend of September, so I hope Kingston (yeah, right!) or Toronto Supercharger is ready by then...

Status
Not open for further replies.