Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like our Fall drive into cottage country won't be Super Charged this year. Oh well, perhaps in 2015 it will be a different story.

I can make it to my friend's cottage near Bracebridge and back easily as long as I can get a day or so of 120v charging while I'm there. (Have not yet convinced him to put a 14-50 in for me, even though I would pay all costs). The winter would be problematic without either the Barrie Supercharger or a long stop at the Best Western in Orillia.

I can make it to my friend's cottage near Bracebridge and back easily as long as I can get a day or so of 120v charging while I'm there. (Have not yet convinced him to put a 14-50 in for me, even though I would pay all costs). The winter would be problematic without either the Barrie Supercharger or a long stop at the Best Western in Orillia.
Our destination will be in the Parry Sound area. Will also hope for access to a steady 120 V outlet plus several days being planted at that location. There are some contingency chargers on our route, but nothing 'convenient'. That Barrie Super Charger will be a busy one in the summer.

Breaking news in hope.

Construction is starting. Truck is here removing the cement bricks and junk so they can break ground and start construction
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408383476.646466.jpg

I've been curious if the crews that put in the superchargers are Tesla employees or a combination of local contractors with Tesla oversight. I wonder if they are 'crew limited' to a degree. There must always be some local content for the equipment I suspect.

I've been curious if the crews that put in the superchargers are Tesla employees or a combination of local contractors with Tesla oversight. I wonder if they are 'crew limited' to a degree. There must always be some local content for the equipment I suspect.

The installations are done by independent contractors. Tesla only shows up at the end for testing.

Anyone know the street address for the site in hope? I'll add it to supercharge.info

49.378290, -121.442822

West corner of Fort St and Fraser Ave.

At least, that's the location of the photo. As I noted in an earlier post an underground services survey has been marked out on the pavement in that area, but I still want to see actual construction before I'm convinced!

I talked to the trucker and he said he was there to remove the blocks so they could put in the tesla charger. I also chatted with a council member who said "how did you know about the charger going there" and another owner of a business who knows the property owner told me originally it was going there

:)

I talked to the trucker and he said he was there to remove the blocks so they could put in the tesla charger. I also chatted with a council member who said "how did you know about the charger going there" and another owner of a business who knows the property owner told me originally it was going there

:)

Thanks Nleggatt. I look forward to hearing your updates as the construction progresses!

Theres no way Kingston will be that soon. Checked this week and they have only just put beams up for one of the 15 units going in. Area will be under major construction for the next 6-12 weeks. I can't see them opening a SC until its nearly finished. I'll keep popping by every week or so though.

@hingisfan
Looking forward to your pictures! What is the exact location? I am hoping it will be operational before October 11th (9 weeks), where I'll be going NJ to Trenton, ON via Albany, NY. Otherwise I'll have to stop at campground or Best Western, Kingston :mad:

@hingisfan
Looking forward to your pictures! What is the exact location? I am hoping it will be operational before October 11th (9 weeks), where I'll be going NJ to Trenton, ON via Albany, NY. Otherwise I'll have to stop at campground or Best Western, Kingston :mad:

Dalton Ave, near Division st and the 401. The beams are up for the Paneros restaurant, but not much else done besides plumbing, sewer, and electrical. I can't tell exactly where in the plaza the SC is going yet.

Casselman seems a bit too close to Ottawa. I won't need much charge by the time I get there... but I'll sure need it on the way back. I guess Montreal day trips will still be difficult until the Montreal SC comes online.

True... Casselman is 56 km from Ottawa... not too many services apart a Tim Horton & McDonald's...

The perfect place to put a SC would be at Hudson (exit 17 on the Highway 40). You have 2 hotels: Hudson Inn and a Howard Johnson. You have Tim Hortons, Subway, Pizza Hut, Burger King, McDonald's, Harvey's and another restaurant called «Eggcellent». You have ski resort only 12 km from there and a National Park near by. And not to forget Esso and Shell for, well, washing your windshield... ;) at least for convenience store...

Ottawa - Hudson (exit 17) = 138 km
Hudson - Drummondville SC = 160 km
Hudson - Montréal = +/- 62 km

hudson inn hudson québec - Google Maps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.