Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our Model X Plaid today. Car looks amazing. Two minor areas on plastic trim that they'll take care of, one of which they had already seen and pointed out to us, the other which we found on delivery inspection. Very minor though. Overall, build quality looks excellent and we are very happy with it. I've been impressed. We picked up a Model S six months ago with zero deficiencies, and then this vehicle with practically nothing. Good job, Tesla manufacturing!

Insurance is quite expensive on the plaid. I believe in Alberta our insurance on the MXP is $280/month, compared with $160/month for our 2022 MSLR. This was the cheapest quote that I was able to find. I also found that none of the online tools would quote for the Plaid and several insurance companies wouldn't cover it or couldn't provide a quote. Apparently it has to do with the rated horsepower of the vehicle...

• Funny
Reactions: DPW666
Insurance is quite expensive on the plaid. I believe in Alberta our insurance on the MXP is $280/month, compared with $160/month for our 2022 MSLR. This was the cheapest quote that I was able to find. I also found that none of the online tools would quote for the Plaid and several insurance companies wouldn't cover it or couldn't provide a quote. Apparently it has to do with the rated horsepower of the vehicle...
Ive had many sports cars and even the P90D this Plaid is replacing was not as expensive to insure. This is I think the only complaint I have about this car.

Hey guys, I picked up my Model X from Vaughan yesterday, the team was very helpful and made sure I was comfortable before driving off. Definitely had to spend some time getting used to all the digital controls, and my first left turn with the yoke was kind of awkward, but getting quickly used to it. The car looks beautiful to me, no major panel gaps or paint issues from what I see so far. It came with a mobile charger because I ordered it way back in 2020. Has matrix headlights, and the front touchscreen can swivel left or right.

Overall very happy! It comes with a green license plate, which allows you to use HOV lanes. But I'm thinking of swapping it out for a customized vanity plate, I don't drive on highway that much these days. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Dr Gez and SamGr
Hey guys, I picked up my Model X from Vaughan yesterday, the team was very helpful and made sure I was comfortable before driving off. Definitely had to spend some time getting used to all the digital controls, and my first left turn with the yoke was kind of awkward, but getting quickly used to it. The car looks beautiful to me, no major panel gaps or paint issues from what I see so far. It came with a mobile charger because I ordered it way back in 2020. Has matrix headlights, and the front touchscreen can swivel left or right.

Overall very happy! It comes with a green license plate, which allows you to use HOV lanes. But I'm thinking of swapping it out for a customized vanity plate, I don't drive on highway that much these days. What do you guys think?
How does your headlights look like?? I got one a week prioir and I am pretty sure it is the regular headlights.

Congratulations for you new car. I have also chosen Vaughan as my Model X pickup location (even though I don't have a definitive pickup date yet). It is nice to know that you had a good experience at that place. Plus, it's great to see that there are less and less vehicle issues identified at time of delivery. Quality control at Tesla seems to be getting much better. Did you order Plaid or long range Model X?

Can you show us a picture of your headlights? There hasn’t been a post with anyone having gotten the matrix headlights yet so you’d be the first. My dad’s white on white LR is coming in next week, definitely going to see if it has them and compare it to my April made plaid.

On a side note, I have the stealth PPF on my MSM plaid x, it’s well worth it (noticed you mentioned you were thinking of getting it done). Really great having the matte grey look to it.

Reactions: SamGr
Can you show us a picture of your headlights? There hasn’t been a post with anyone having gotten the matrix headlights yet so you’d be the first. My dad’s white on white LR is coming in next week, definitely going to see if it has them and compare it to my April made plaid.

On a side note, I have the stealth PPF on my MSM plaid x, it’s well worth it (noticed you mentioned you were thinking of getting it done). Really great having the matte grey look to it.
Can you please share how much it costed you for the stealth PPF and did you do it for the entire car?

Thanks, I have the long range model. Honestly I'm not sure how to tell if it's matrix lights, but I asked the tesla staff to check for me and they said it was. Here's some photos, if you guys can confirm that.

Attachments

• 20220612_112556.jpg
    20220612_112556.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220612_112423.jpg
    20220612_112423.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: SamGr
Thanks, I have the long range model. Honestly I'm not sure how to tell if it's matrix lights, but I asked the tesla staff to check for me and they said it was. Here's some photos, if you guys can confirm that.
I guess, best way to test that would be to do the light show while the car is facing a wall. If the headlights spell out Tesla, you've got matrix headlights.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Today, my Est.Delivery date got pushed back again. It was showing June 17 - July 3 until last night. But now shows July 18 - August 22. I am assuming, it's because of end of quarter push, where more deliveries are scheduled for US than Canada since delivery process for Tesla takes longer for Canada and they can deliver more number of cars to closer locations before the quarter ends.

Today, my Est.Delivery date got pushed back again. It was showing June 17 - July 3 until last night. But now shows July 18 - August 22. I am assuming, it's because of end of quarter push, where more deliveries are scheduled for US than Canada since delivery process for Tesla takes longer for Canada and they can deliver more number of cars to closer locations before the quarter ends.

Sounds about right - everything now will be focused on the west coast. Hopefully we see a big east coast push arriving the third week of July

I don't wanna disappoint you but I do not think those are matrix headlights..

1655132464798.png

Here are my OLD Style Led Headlights from 2021 - Plaid S ...

Also here is what the New Matrix Headlight Looks like on the Model S plaid I found online..

model-s-headlights.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
I don't wanna disappoint you but I do not think those are matrix headlights..

View attachment 816095
Here are my OLD Style Led Headlights from 2021 - Plaid S ...

Also here is what the New Matrix Headlight Looks like on the Model S plaid I found online..

View attachment 816096
Thanks you're right, I tried the light show and there was no 'tesla' projection. Oh well, still a great car!

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Which company? I'm being quoted 350 a month in Alberta clean driving record. I am with td. 4200 a year for 2000 deductible and 4700 for 1000 deductible

0 down 5.45% interest 2300 monthly payments for Plaid Model X. What do you guys think? Interest is going to be a lot but they are raising rates every month to combat inflation. I could see it getting real ugly to borrow money. I also got lucky as the vehicle is 179k after taxes and fees.

Reactions: xG35 and DPW666