Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled 2021 S Model for good reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a S Model on order for three months. Went through the cluncky Tesla trade in process to get a value on the old Tesla. Then today I look at the order on my account and the wheels have changed from silver to butt ugly black/grey where before they showed silver for the last few months.

. Called Tesla and it seems that is what I get if I got the car even though I did NOT order butt ugly black wheels Canceled the order. Bait and switch and nothing but bait and switch.

In fact the whole buying experience online is CLUNKY with Tesla.

Had a S Model on order for three months. Went through the cluncky Tesla trade in process to get a value on the old Tesla. Then today I look at the order on my account and the wheels have changed from silver to butt ugly black/grey where before they showed silver for the last few months.

. Called Tesla and it seems that is what I get if I got the car even though I did NOT order butt ugly black wheels Canceled the order. Bait and switch and nothing but bait and switch.

In fact the whole buying experience online is CLUNKY with Tesla.
Did you miss all the disclaimers in the order agreement that say what you are ordering is not necessarily the finalized product and features/design are subject to change?

Reactions: cwanja
1623299690762.png

Yeah. I can go to my car and drive down to Park Place Mtrs on Hulen, get in a S63 for a test drive for fifty miles or so,.Then if I have my car title for the trade in with me, I'd be home by eight pm with the new car. Probably before 8pm seeing as it's fivee pm now.
Bummer that with each second the Benz runs it shortens the lifespan of our planet, but at least the wheels are silver and he can buy one in about three hours.

The man has his priorities I guess . . . .

Bummer that with each second the Benz runs it shortens the lifespan of our planet, but at least the wheels are silver and he can buy one in about three hours.

The man has his priorities I guess . . . .
Each second of each one of our lives shortens the lifespan of our planet. We must live our lives and change to do better, but that does not mean we all must buy Teslas.

Can’t disagree on the sales customer service portion, probably the worst out of all the cars I’ve ever purchased. Took a week after placing my order for the SA to reach out with a copypasta email. Let’s see how the rest of this experience goes.

Each second of each one of our lives shortens the lifespan of our planet. We must live our lives and change to do better, but that does not mean we all must buy Teslas.
Wow, what a way to "justify" a remarkably poor choice to damage our planet. ANY EV would be a step towards NOT digging our carbon hole even deeper, but the poster choose to buy a MB which dumps GHG's every second the engine is running.

In 2021 that is grossly inexcusable. Period.

I predict a future in a few years where cars like that will often be the victim of arson when left parked in public overnight . . . .

It really highlights the importance for everyone else (those that are well-informed, non-ignorants, and that give a damn) to buy EV's. Sadly, there are far, far too many among us that choose to live in a world of willful ignorance and the fairy tales perpetuated by Fox "News" and AON.

Shame on them.

Never in human history have so many been so easily fooled, by so few with so very little; watch this trailer--if you have at least half a clue it will make you LIVID:

Can’t disagree on the sales customer service portion, probably the worst out of all the cars I’ve ever purchased. Took a week after placing my order for the SA to reach out with a copypasta email. Let’s see how the rest of this experience goes.
Yep it's clunky and frustrating, so far. I don't really believe a word Musk says anymore (he seems more interested in acting like a 12 year old on twitter) and I've got absolutely zero idea when I might or might not get the car I ordered 6 months ago.
I'm persevering of course because the cars are amazing, but everything about the ordering process has just been annoying so far to be honest. Granted the refresh happened a while after I ordered so that's thrown everything out, but all they need to do is be clearer on timeframes and I'd be fine. I just have zero idea when to expect it at this point.

As for the wheels, I'm actually stoked they got rid of that ugly silver and made them stand out a little less as those wheels are just not attractive at all and I was planning on replacing them day 1 :D

Wow, what a way to "justify" a remarkably poor choice to damage our planet. ANY EV would be a step towards NOT digging our carbon hole even deeper, but the poster choose to buy a MB which dumps GHG's every second the engine is running.

In 2021 that is grossly inexcusable. Period.

I predict a future in a few years where cars like that will often be the victim of arson when left parked in public overnight . . . .

It really highlights the importance for everyone else (those that are well-informed, non-ignorants, and that give a damn) to buy EV's. Sadly, there are far, far too many among us that choose to live in a world of willful ignorance and the fairy tales perpetuated by Fox "News" and AON.

Shame on them.

Never in human history have so many been so easily fooled, by so few with so very little; watch this trailer--if you have at least half a clue it will make you LIVID:

Tesla dumps GHG’s every second it’s plugged in.

ps. I missed your crazy ass posts.

Tesla dumps GHG’s every second it’s plugged in.

ps. I missed your crazy ass posts.
Wrong again. (You should stop--it's a bad look.)

1. Even if plugged into the grid, any EV produces less GHG's than an ICE vehicle (even in a state with a coal-heavy grid).

2. The grid gets cleaner with each passing year. An ICE vehicle will never get cleaner--until it's scrapped.

3. We drive on sunlight as we have had a solar array since 2013. Total electric bill was under $43 for the entire year last year, this with two MS's and an above average size house.

"Eventually people get tired of being wrong." (paraphrased)
--Elon Musk

Tesla still sells silver wheels on their website. You can ask your advisor if they can just swap them out at delivery (it’s been done before). If such a minor and easily solved issue causes you to cancel your order, then you must not have been that serious to begin with.

Changing the wheel color does not come close to meeting the definition of bait and switch.

The black wheels match the blackout trim (1980s German look). :) My personal design critique aside, it is surprising that they don't offer any options besides black for wheels and exterior trim. Used to be only option was chrome. Must save money in producing one or the other.