Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled 2021 S Model for good reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrong again. (You should stop--it's a bad look.)

1. Even if plugged into the grid, any EV produces less GHG's than an ICE vehicle (even in a state with a coal-heavy grid).

2. The grid gets cleaner with each passing year. An ICE vehicle will never get cleaner--until it's scrapped.

3. We drive on sunlight as we have had a solar array since 2013. Total electric bill was under $43 for the entire year last year, this with two MS's and an above average size house.

"Eventually people get tired of being wrong." (paraphrased)
--Elon Musk
How am I wrong but then you say exactly what I said? Producing less GHGs doesn’t mean none.

You don’t drive on sunlight unless you charge during the day, your solar just offsets your electricity usage, but if you’re still plugging in at night and using grid power your car is still emitting GHGs.

• Disagree
Reactions: 63AMG and croman
The black wheels match the blackout trim (1980s German look). :) My personal design critique aside, it is surprising that they don't offer any options besides black for wheels and exterior trim. Used to be only option was chrome. Must save money in producing one or the other.

I agree, but to the bean counters every option, trim, color, otherwise slows down overall production. Less options = faster overall production.

Tesla paints their own wheels so every color change they have to clean and re-tool ... which is why they product cars in batches, generally based on trim and colors. For example, they may make red cards on Monday, blue on Tuesday, etc. Somebody comes in after the line shuts down and changes everything over for the next run.

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
I agree, but to the bean counters every option, trim, color, otherwise slows down overall production. Less options = faster overall production.

Tesla paints their own wheels so every color change they have to clean and re-tool ... which is why they product cars in batches, generally based on trim and colors. For example, they may make red cards on Monday, blue on Tuesday, etc. Somebody comes in after the line shuts down and changes everything over for the next run.

Really hope my future red plaid is not made on a Monday...or Friday!

• Funny
Reactions: wws
Had a S Model on order for three months. Went through the cluncky Tesla trade in process to get a value on the old Tesla. Then today I look at the order on my account and the wheels have changed from silver to butt ugly black/grey where before they showed silver for the last few months.

. Called Tesla and it seems that is what I get if I got the car even though I did NOT order butt ugly black wheels Canceled the order. Bait and switch and nothing but bait and switch.

In fact the whole buying experience online is CLUNKY with Tesla.

Good for you. I hope you sue for the $100 back. Make them think twice before selling a car that doesn't exist, lying and saying it's in production, and then designing and making a different car.

Yeah. I can go to my car and drive down to Park Place Mtrs on Hulen, get in a S63 for a test drive for fifty miles or so,.Then if I have my car title for the trade in with me, I'd be home by eight pm with the new car. Probably before 8pm seeing as it's fivee pm now.
And how long would it take if you wanted an option that wasn't included in your test drive car and they couldn't source it in a nearby lot? I'll answer for you: upwards of 6 months for a custom car.

I'm certainly not condoning what Tesla is currently doing. They need to fix the whole refresh situation in order to make sure that deliveries start getting back in line. It's never been perfect, but the past 6 months have been ridiculous.

And how long would it take if you wanted an option that wasn't included in your test drive car and they couldn't source it in a nearby lot? I'll answer for you: upwards of 6 months for a custom car.

I'm certainly not condoning what Tesla is currently doing. They need to fix the whole refresh situation in order to make sure that deliveries start getting back in line. It's never been perfect, but the past 6 months have been ridiculous.
No matter how badly Tesla treats customers...

No matter how good the competition gets...

The "Moat" of the SuC network means there really is no substitute for Tesla.

Will this change? Very slowly. EA and other charging networks years behind.

Speaking of that, when will someone make Teslube? Pairs well with Teslaquila...😁

No matter how badly Tesla treats customers...

No matter how good the competition gets...

The "Moat" of the SuC network means there really is no substitute for Tesla.

Will this change? Very slowly. EA and other charging networks years behind.

Speaking of that, when will someone make Teslube? Pairs well with Teslaquila...😁
When you get down to it, we're still very much in the infancy of EVs entering as mainstream. Tesla needs to recognize this, and mature to the situation and become customer-oriented before choice will allow customers to walk away - and not return regardless of the state of charging network infrastructure. They've only got a couple more years at most to sort this out by my reckoning.

Bummer that with each second the Benz runs it shortens the lifespan of our planet, but at least the wheels are silver and he can buy one in about three hours.

The man has his priorities I guess . . . .

Mining and processing of lithium, however, turns out to be far more environmentally harmful than what turned out to be the unfounded issues with fracking.

Reactions: AMPd
You're going to buy a polluting gas car in 2021 because Tesla upgraded your hub caps on an $80,000 car from silver to black to match the black trim?

Say what

What about the empty offices spaces that no one used all of COVID till present - they still turn on all their lights. Do those not pollute? Or is it just gas cars?

I am often reminded of just how willfully ignorant some can be, especially and surprisingly on this forum and others where ostensibly intelligent people should be found.

This does NOT bode well for our only planet's future.

At all.

If you don't know of the Koch brothers' very long history supporting fossil fuel (they have huge soon-to-be-stranded assets in pipelines, drilling, refining, and more) then shame on all who don't. Essential to ensuring the survival of a democracy: an informed electorate.