Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't buy extended warranty for my 14 CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
went to my account on tesla.com and tried to buy extended warranty but when clicking on NEXT it is taking me back to a main account page... am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 12.38.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 12.38.31 AM.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 100
There were separate rules that impacted being able to buy the extended warranty in the U.S. Don't know about Canadian CPOs. In the U.S., if the owner purchased a used Tesla from a used car lot or non-Tesla dealer, Tesla would not offer the extended warranty. Private party to private party still qualified for the purchase. CPO though? I don't remember reading on TM or TMC or elsewhere about anyone that had purchased a Tesla CPO, that was not permitted to purchase the extended warranty - in the U.S.

went to my account on tesla.com and tried to buy extended warranty but when clicking on NEXT it is taking me back to a main account page... am I doing something wrong?

Extended Service Agreement

Can anyone purchase an Extended Service Agreement?
Owners (excluding 3rd party dealers and cars purchased from a 3rd party dealer) with Model S or Model X cars subject to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, which are still within the eligible purchase period can purchase the Extended Service Agreement.

That means your Tesla CPO must be within 50,000 miles and its birthday should be May 2015 or younger.

Extended warranty is different than extended services.

I think the purpose of this thread is covered by Extended Service Agreement even when its name is not "warranty" as defined by its web page.

Extended Service Agreement

For Model S and Model X, the Extended Service Agreement extends coverage beyond your New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period.

The Extended Service Agreement covers the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of most parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla during the coverage period, excluding the car’s lithium-ion battery and drive unit, which have their own separate warranty. Coverage is based upon the purchased agreement option and takes effect on the date that your original New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

I noticed the same thing. When I bought the car (Nov 2018) and several months after that, the Extended Service Agreement (ESA) link was available. Recently, however, the link only returns me to my home page. I believe the catch line was in the description "within the eligible purchase period". I believe we had a limited time after delivery (possibly 90 days) to purchase the ESA via the website. I do recall having the opportunity to purchase varying years of ESA. Since my car already has one, I chose not to. And now that Tesla's don't really need yearly service, I'm glad I didn't buy in to it. Not that you asked for additional info, but I've done a fairly decent job at getting Tesla SC to repair any and all factory defective components; from new floor mats due to "failed" hook and loop to weatherstripping and taillights due to condensation. Heck, I just received a new "refurbished" P85 batttery pack (Rev D). If it's a factory defect, I get it fixed. As for fluids, wipers, and filters, will just play it by ear on my CPO T-MS.