Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't decide on exterior color.. Any suggestions?

What combination do you prefer?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am contemplating between Solid Black and Metallic silver. I love the black color but since I already have a black BMW X5, I was leaning more towards silver. Anyone over here with metallic silver? Any good pics?

I was thinking either solid back with black or tan interior or metallic silver with black interior. Any suggestions?

I am contemplating between Solid Black and Metallic silver. I love the black color but since I already have a black BMW X5, I was leaning more towards silver. Anyone over here with metallic silver? Any good pics?

I was thinking either solid back with black or tan interior or metallic silver with black interior. Any suggestions?

I think the Silver Mettalic with black interior would be gorgeous and show off the lines the best
I would get the grey turbines too

Here ya go....
IMG_2182.JPG
IMG_2183.JPG

To the OP: I have a 2013 silver Model S with a tan leather interior which I am in the process of trading in for a 2016 silver Model S with a black textile interior and black alcantara headliner. I have been exceptionally pleased with silver.

Silver is elegant and an exceptional exterior color for maintenance. Of all Tesla exterior colors it hides dirt best. This is a serious consideration. A black exterior is also elegant but shows dirt easily and has higher maintenance for that reason. If you are on the fence between silver and black it seems that the maintenance issue would tip the balance in favor of silver.

All the Tesla interiors go well with silver. Black interior is particularly nice and it is the most maintenance free interior color. A black interior hides interior dirt better than any other--the opposite of the exterior.

And if you are not dead set on leather, please consider the textile seats. The detailer at our Tesla SC confirmed that they wear better than leather. I also own a white Model S with textile seats which my significant other soul mate lady friend drives and from my experience they do wear better. IMO they are more comfortable than the leather seats as well. I have driven loaners with next gen leather seats and still feel the standard textile is a more comfortable seat, at least for my body. Thus I'm getting textile on my new silver Model S and saving $2500 which I am putting towards the premium interior--leather accouterments all around except what you sit on.

Good luck in your decisions.