Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car alarm during update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It had never happened to me before but then it did happen during installation of 11.2 and 12.1. So when 12.2 started installing yesterday I was ready for it. But this time there was no alarm.

Others have experienced alarms during software updates as evidenced by posts elsewhere on this forum.

Anyone else have their car alarm go off during a SW update? MS 75D AP2

2019.32.12.1 and 2019.32.12.2 both caused my car alarm to go off near the end of the update. This one happened at 1:20AM... poor neighbors :-/

Clearly their QA needs some extra steps...
I happened to walk into the garage during this update and heard a surprising amount of noise coming from the car, but no alarm or horn.

This has happened to me with each v10 update. I have an appointment at my local Service Center midweek to (hopefully) fix/improve my intense MCU yellowing. When I get there I’ll mention this new bug — I mean feature — and see if they know anything or have any information. If I learn anything I’ll post it to this thread.

Anyone else have their car alarm go off during a SW update? MS 75D AP2

2019.32.12.1 and 2019.32.12.2 both caused my car alarm to go off near the end of the update. This one happened at 1:20AM... poor neighbors :-/

Clearly their QA needs some extra steps...

My last two v10 updates have set off the alarm during the update. I can stop it with the key fob and it finishes the update. Pretty annoying if it continues to do this....

My last 3 updates all V10 variants have set off the car alarm around 80% in to the update. Pretty annoying especially since I usually schedule the update during the night.

Reactions: appleguru