TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car and Driver 10 Best 2015

Discussion in 'Model S' started by trils0n, Nov 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

3. Thud

Thud Member

Anybody notice that the BMW 3-series is missing? So much for that 23-year streak!

The M235i is on there-- because the 2 series is really what the 3-series should have been, before the 3 series turned into a bloated version of its former self.

*edit* - my current car is an e90 3-series... a 335d. It's a truly great machine, and I promised myself I'd only trade it in for something even better when it was time. My Model S arrives on the 30th. :cool:

4. Firewired

Firewired Member

I'm trading in my 335d also!

5. Park2670

Park2670 Member

My last car was a 2011 335d. I miss that car everyday. Driving a Volt now waiting for Model 3. I honestly think it was the diesel that pushed me towards electric. I really got used to the torque and efficiency. I could only go up from that monster.

6. Blathering1

Blathering1 Remember

So that diesel 335d was your 'gateway' green auto!

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thank you Car & Driver, for stating the obvious. It is indeed "amazing" that a new car company could make such a "revelatory" car.

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

#8 CHG-ON, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    As the Model S well should be! There is nothing else on the planet like her!!!

9. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Glad to see the recognition from C&D. Luckily the S60 made it under their Top 10 price threshold. Not sure if there will be a Tesla Model at that price next year!

10. bredi

bredi Member

Not to turn this into a 335d hijack, but my lease is up on my M-Sport 335d and I have extended the lease a few months in hopes something better, would come along. If BMW had a 335d or a 3 series eDrive, I would easily continue my 15 year BMW lease history. But... they don't have anything that competes with a Model=S. We bought an i3 which fits the bill as our commuter. But for the first time, for me at least, the 3 series didn't do it for me. It is interesting that it didn't make the list. I agree, but mostly in dissapointment. The current 3 series is bigger and not as exciting as my diesel. Maybe I just test drove a Model -S!!!!

and thus, I'm disappointed by anything but a Model - S. But as I wait for my Model - S to happen, my 335d is the best BMW I have owned after 20 years of BMW driving.

back to Tesla.....

11. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

The threshold is $80k. I guess that includes destination charge. Because the S80 starts at $79.9k.