TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car Care: Waxed my S this weekend - photos....

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by KenEE, Jan 20, 2013.

1. KenEE

KenEE P1937 Reward Excellence!

I got my S at the very end of 1012 then immediately went out of town for a week. When I returned, my 12V was toast and had to be replaced. Then a two week cold muddy rain started. So to say the least my S was looking mighty dirty.

My plan is to get it coated with Opti-Coat or Cquartz or 22PLE, but that had to be delayed due to the Houston Auto Show and the fact that the place doing it has a booth there. (whole company basically manning the booth :) )

I'm not too upset by the delay. I'm still torn as to if I want also do the clear bra/armor on the entire front. I don't mind the expense but I'm afraid I won't like the barely visible lines where the material is not fully wrapped around the panel. (like around the headlights)

So I had to do something quick so I got a professional hand wash there at the detail shop and then waxed it myself back at home with Meguairs NXT Tech Wax 2.0.

I thought some of you might enjoy a snap shot. It doesn't really do justice to the deep gloss, but hey it's a Model S and who gets tired of that?

Oh, I also treated the windshielf with Aquapel which is like RainX but lasts a lot longer...

WaxResize.jpg

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Aquapel is great

Yes, Aquapel is great. I also treated my Model S front and rear glass with it. I've had it on some of my other cars for over a year and it still works great. I usually have the windshield replaced due to stone chips and cracks long before the Aquapel wears out. I think I will try their window cleaner next.