Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car in for service - questionable driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I mention this to Tesla, I just want to make sure I'm not crazy... My car is currently with Tesla for service and I have a loaner. Today someone drove my car from the Marietta, GA service center to a body shop (Magnum) to have the front bumper repainted. I logged into TeslaFi to see if they had updated the software in my car to 8.0 and I saw this:
Screenshot (9).png

Now, I've averaged around 285 Wh/Mile with both my car and the loaner I currently have. So is it just me or is someone driving my car like they stole it?

I've had TeslaFi report trip stats in excess of 2000 Wh/Mile for short trips! Clearly my example is a TeslaFi calculation or data error problem. Now, me, my normal everyday driving averages 380 Wh/mile, and the first 3 miles of my commute are closer to 580 Wh/mile, and I don't even accelerate that quickly. Just hills. So I guess I wouldn't worry about the reported 433. Even if it was real, doesn't seem too bad to me. My 2 cents.

433 Wh/m is not extreme in the least. Like others have said, slow traffic and short sampling distance will skew the results. The first five miles on my commute home from the office usually show 750 Wh/m because it's extremely slow and all uphill. It's certainly not any kind of joyriding.

It's more than likely the car spent a lot of time on and idling, and a little bit of time moving around. When I'm using my car as a parking lot phone booth and then move my car to a charger, I can get to 1300+Wh/mi for the first little bit.

I wouldn't be concerned about those numbers.

I agree that this doesn't look like joyriding to me.

FYI, if you click on any particular drive, you can view minute interval stored data logs for the drive. That will give you a much better view of what went on during that drive.

Dont ask me why, but once mine was off the scale - and I know it was not driven but around the building.
Why is easy, A/C uses energy, while stopped no miles are driven. It's math. Energy use divided by distance driven is your efficiency. You can make some pretty ugly numbers by putting a big number in "energy used", OR a small number in "distance driven"