Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Lock Sound Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m confused - reading the manual, it talks about formatting for the Dash Cam - and I don’t think my 2020 Model 3 has a dash cam, and the updated software - does it understand I don’t have a dash cam ?

And, with Sentry activated, I’m getting “Event” alerts - but as of yet, have not found what those are nor where they are located.

So you’re saying when I have the USB drive on my desktop, I need to create a folder called “LockChime”, and then, copy the actual file LockChime.wav into that folder ?

Sorry to be so dense — one of the slower boys from Alabama . . .

thank you

Last edited:
The LockChime file is at the root level of the USB drive. Here's what mine looks like. Note that the file name is simply "LockChime" and saved as a .wav file. I made the mistake of originally calling it "LockChime.wav" and then my sound software added another ".wav" to the file name and the car couldn't read it.
Unless you know the file you're trying to use is a .wav file already (if you're trying to use an .mp3 file, for instance) you will have to use sound editing software and make sure you save it as a .wav file type.

TeslaDrive.jpg