Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster: Draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay... Three posters! One for P85/P85+ only, P85 compared to 85, and P85 compared to 60. These are all non-local specific.

Here's download links for half res JPGs...
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-60k-v2.jpg P85 to 60
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-v6.jpg (P85 to 85)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-P85k-v1.jpg (P85 only)

press ready PDFs...
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-60k-v2_(PR).pdf (P85 to 60)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-v6_(PR).pdf (P85 to 85)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-P85k-v1_(PR).pdf (P85 only)

cut and paste ready, low res PDFs...
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-60k-v2.pdf (P85 to 60)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-v6.pdf (P85 to 85)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-P85k-v1.pdf (P85 only)

If you want a high res JPG to have printed at Walgreens, Costco, or the like, PM me.

This is great, thanks Greg! I was offered a free tent at Charlotte Oktoberfest to put my Model S on display for National Plug In Day this Saturday and I am going to print one of these out. My only question is - I thought the MS was the first car in history that Motor Trend Car of the Year by unanimous vote. Is that incorrect?

I am a little worried about drunk people spilling beer on my car, so we are putting up bike racks around the car and I will sit with her all day, but we also are printing out this poster, just in case ;)

DoNotTouchMyTeslaSmall.jpg

I am a little worried about drunk people spilling beer on my car, so we are putting up bike racks around the car and I will sit with her all day, but we also are printing out this poster, just in case ;)

View attachment 31391

I soooo understand this. I do car shows quite often and people won't touch the other cars, because they know you're not supposed to. But they just love to touch and lean on mine. I don't get, it's like they think it's not real or it has to be a "dealer" car cause nobody actually owns these. My absolute biggest pet peeve are the people that just go and sit in the car. :cursing: I try to be calm about it but really! I've never seen anyone walk up to a 1969 Mustang at a car show and just plop their but down in it.

I actually had one guy get grumpy with me when I asked him to stop leaning on my car.

Ok, rant over.

Okay... Three posters! One for P85/P85+ only, P85 compared to 85, and P85 compared to 60. These are all non-local specific.

Here's download links for half res JPGs...
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-60k-v2.jpg P85 to 60
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-v6.jpg (P85 to 85)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-P85k-v1.jpg (P85 only)

press ready PDFs...
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-60k-v2_(PR).pdf (P85 to 60)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-v6_(PR).pdf (P85 to 85)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-P85k-v1_(PR).pdf (P85 only)

cut and paste ready, low res PDFs...
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-60k-v2.pdf (P85 to 60)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-v6.pdf (P85 to 85)
Dropbox - Tesla-Model-S-car-show-poster-P85k-v1.pdf (P85 only)

If you want a high res JPG to have printed at Walgreens, Costco, or the like, PM me.

These are awesome! - Thanks for making them.
S85 | Black | Black Roof | Std Interior | 19" | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero
Reserved: 9/15, Confirmed 9/24, Estimated Delivery: "November"

This is great, thanks Greg! I was offered a free tent at Charlotte Oktoberfest to put my Model S on display for National Plug In Day this Saturday and I am going to print one of these out. My only question is - I thought the MS was the first car in history that Motor Trend Car of the Year by unanimous vote. Is that incorrect?

Thanks Leilani. You'll find, if like at the shows I've attended, it really stops and answers a lot of the questions people have about the car... really does its job. :)

Well when I watched the Motor Trend video about how they came to vote on this, I thought they implied it wasn't necessarily the first unanimous vote they've had, but that it had been some years. It's been a while since I've watched that, you may be right. I'll have to go back and confirm.

Totally love your poster add! :)

@Berkut, Thanks!

Well when I watched the Motor Trend video about how they came to vote on this, I thought they implied it wasn't necessarily the first unanimous vote they've had, but that it had been some years...

They kind of hedged on it being the first time ever. I got the distinct impression it was the first time anyone at MT that could remember a unanimous vote but they simply don't have any way of checking, that is, they don't keep any records on such things.

They did say that every vote AND the all the alternates all voted for the Model S it so it was a clean sweep sweep.

I want to say thanks to the contributors on this thread.

The "Car Show Poster v6" was a hit at a recent fundraiser car show put on at the local pre-school. The organizers (school teachers) were impressed with the quality and presentation of key information (read ... Gold Star earned) and so many of the attendees were encapsulated in the poster. It prompted so many educated follow up questions, much better than the typical car show where I answer the same 3 questions repeatedly (How Much?, How far?, How Long?)

After printing out the poster 24x36 and laminating it, I affixed the poster to a hard backing. It rest perfectly in the Frunk for easy reading while drawing by-passer attention to one of the many unique MS features.

Thanks again for all of your efforts and for being willing to share.

Here is a photo from the day.
Car show poster - on display.JPG

I soooo understand this. I do car shows quite often and people won't touch the other cars, because they know you're not supposed to. But they just love to touch and lean on mine. I don't get, it's like they think it's not real or it has to be a "dealer" car cause nobody actually owns these. My absolute biggest pet peeve are the people that just go and sit in the car. :cursing: I try to be calm about it but really! I've never seen anyone walk up to a 1969 Mustang at a car show and just plop their but down in it.

I actually had one guy get grumpy with me when I asked him to stop leaning on my car.

Ok, rant over.

Yup not cool! People used to lean on my race car when they took photos with it and that was a huge pet peeve - it's a race car, you do not lean on race cars!!! Now my MS's first event is at a sold out Oktoberfest with 6000 very likely drunk people coming up to her so I was quite worried about beer spills, etc. Fortunately, the guy who runs the festival was concerned about that as well, so he is putting bike rakes up around her and she will be in a tent. Fingers crossed we make it through without any incidents!

Yup not cool! People used to lean on my race car when they took photos with it and that was a huge pet peeve - it's a race car, you do not lean on race cars!!! Now my MS's first event is at a sold out Oktoberfest with 6000 very likely drunk people coming up to her so I was quite worried about beer spills, etc. Fortunately, the guy who runs the festival was concerned about that as well, so he is putting bike rakes up around her and she will be in a tent. Fingers crossed we make it through without any incidents!
A little electroshock "therapy" will fix that. Sounds like you need Artsci to rig that up for you.

Well I can't speak to an Oktoberfest event, but at the two shows I attended, everyone understood the unwritten car show rules (no touch), even the kids. However, a few of the key people running the show, I invited to sit in the car, and I walked them through some of the controls. They were just giddy about the chance to sit in the car. :)

@ jed-99aggie, looks awesome to see the poster get used. And good idea to just put it in the Frunk.

Yup not cool! People used to lean on my race car when they took photos with it and that was a huge pet peeve

Funny (sort of) story: I was asked to bring my car to a Probus Meeting (club for retired professionals) where an EV expert was speaking so that after the meeting, people could come out and see the Model S.

As I waited outside and the meeting ended, a horde of canes and walkers descended upon my car. People were banging on the car with their fists, opening and slamming doors and so forth. As I was trying to get one old guy to stop picking at the paint armor with his finger nail, another was trying to push an extended door handle back into the car with all his might. I was running in circles trying to answer questions and at the same time keep people from abusing the car.

This was my one and only "car show" experience and it left me felling like I don't ever want to do that again.

mknox: wow...that was a bit disturbing to read. I can understand how you feel! I've taken my car to local car buff meetings, and most folks are very respectful. I did see couple of kids with their Dads, and the kids tend to lean against the car...I gently hold my hand and ask them to please not lean on the car, and they were fine. Only had an encounter with one elderly man using a walker, but his son helped keep the walker away.

mknox: wow...that was a bit disturbing to read.

I really don't think there was any ill intent... just a bunch of seniors who got a little bit over enthusiastic. It was even kind of comical in a way, because I think the youngest was in his mid-80's and lots in their 90's. At one point a shuttle bus picked up a bunch to get them back to the seniors home in time for lunch.

I really don't think there was any ill intent... just a bunch of seniors who got a little bit over enthusiastic. It was even kind of comical in a way, because I think the youngest was in his mid-80's and lots in their 90's. At one point a shuttle bus picked up a bunch to get them back to the seniors home in time for lunch.

Ricky Gervais would have fun with this...

Well when I watched the Motor Trend video about how they came to vote on this, I thought they implied it wasn't necessarily the first unanimous vote they've had, but that it had been some years. It's been a while since I've watched that, you may be right. I'll have to go back and confirm.

I found a few articles that say it is the first in history and I believe I have heard Tesla say that as well. Here is one of the articles:
Tesla Model S named Motor Trend Car of the Year by unanimous decision | The Verge

@mknox omg that is a nightmare. i hope i have a better experience than that at Oktoberfest tomorrow. wish me luck!

I found a few articles that say it is the first in history and I believe I have heard Tesla say that as well. Here is one of the articles:
Tesla Model S named Motor Trend Car of the Year by unanimous decision | The Verge

Good find Lailani. I'll update them.

I've also had a request for a 40kW poster too. I'll be sharing that one tonight here, to get feedback. It's a bit trickier, trying to figure out charging options (I.e. Siperchargers, HPWC), charge times, etc. since it's a 60 in disguise. Does anyone know if they offered supercharger capability to 40 owners? Also assume charging is faster to full, since you don't really hit the top of the battery. Stay tuned for a visual.

Good find Lailani. I'll update them.

I've also had a request for a 40kW poster too. I'll be sharing that one tonight here, to get feedback. It's a bit trickier, trying to figure out charging options (I.e. Siperchargers, HPWC), charge times, etc. since it's a 60 in disguise. Does anyone know if they offered supercharger capability to 40 owners? Also assume charging is faster to full, since you don't really hit the top of the battery. Stay tuned for a visual.

Short Answer: NO.
A 40 kWh is limited by soft-ware lock to 40, although it HAS a 60 kWh battery pack.
The up-grade is $10,000 to unlock.

AND then there is the additional $2,500 for a 60 kWh model to have access to a Supercharger.

Yes, they can use HPWC and 14-50, but NO for use of Superchargers (at least if configured as a 40 kWh battery.)