Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster: Draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made some changes to the fantastic poster that Greg designed, this one is geographically neutral (does not identify closest service center or gallery) so anyone can use it. I also added some more quotes about the car under "awards and accolades" and more items under "benefits of driving an EV." The file size is gigantic, around 38M, so if anyone wants a copy of it in the full size for printing, just PM me and I will get it to you:

TeslaFactsPosterXSm.jpg

Hello all. After a somewhat terrifying experience at Oktoberfest (I had a few mknox like moments except instead of seniors, it was with very drunk people) -- needless this is the last time I display a car around 6000 people drinking unlimited beer -- I made some changes to the poster, simplified the charging times, deleted and adjusted a few statements. Please DM me if you want the large PDF version of this that you can print for your own. Thanks Greg for all your hard work on this poster, I hope you approve of my version 2.0!

TeslaFactsPosterXSm.jpg

Last edited:
The poster is great--- I was chatting about it with someone who is already an owner. I had an idea regarding how to display it that maybe someone else might benefit from.

Rather than block the frunk with the poster, a simple stand could be made-- and when you make it, make it look like a Supercharger. There are 2 advantages to this:

1) A stand will allow you to display the information slightly away from the car, thereby separating the inevitable crowds into 2 clusters and essentially doubling the number of people who can learn about the car a time. Casual lookers will read the poster first before moving over to the car itself where you can answer more informed questions.

2) One of the big selling points of the car is the ability to Supercharge. By having a somewhat tangible demonstration of it available it will seem more plausible and real even if your stand is made of cheap OSB or hardboard. People like to SEE things to believe them.

Now I'm not proposing some life-sized metal replica, just suggesting something that conjures up the Supercharger itself. It could be as simple as just framing the poster with that general shape (complete with the colors/design cues of the SC) and slotting it into a heavy base. It could be as complicated as having a dummy plug on it to demonstrate how it connects to the car. I'll leave that to you-- I just thought it was the natural evolution of such a large poster.

I used one of the posters shared further up thread at the Plug-in Days event and it looked great. I think many may have found it a bit too busy for a quick informational look. But others who were wondering about details like charge time and range and such appreciated the extra information. I also printed out a flier that was one side something another forum member designed in one thread and the other was spec. information directly off of the Teslamotors web site (had to trim a little in Adobe to fit on one sheet) and gave those out since Tesla had no more brochures they would send me to give away.

FWIW, the poster I had printed at Staples.com ( Lawn Signs | Staples Copy & Print | Staples.com ) on a yard sign. You have to do it in the horizontal orientation, but then just stand it vertically and it works fine. I think it was $33 for the largest size and it's sturdy plastic board, the colors and print printed off very nicely.

10072656405_0b2698749c_b.jpg
National Plugin Day 2013 003 crop by efusco, on Flickr

I made some changes to the poster, simplified the charging times, deleted and adjusted a few statements.
It's not an error but something for consideration while you're making changes:

240V 50 amp (recommended)

I believe I've heard some of our forum experts call this "range outlet" if you'd prefer to keep the continuity of naming conventions with the next two lines.

Of course, then you might want to find a way to say "recommended". Then again, that might be a good thing because the "Tesla HPWC" is not "not recommended" anyway.

Perhaps something like this...

HowLongDoesItTakeToCharge.png

I have a compressed version (~13MB) of Leilani's 2.0 poster available - I wanted this since I just wanted a few 8 1/2" x 11" flyers printed up.
I still haven't found a printer which will handle it though! :) PM me for access. Thanks Leilani!

Last edited:
I have no immediate plans for another car show, but this may come in handy during Tesla time.

Great. I don't know what size limits they have but uploaded the 30MB PDF version of the poster and they were able to print it. Probably cheaper at other places but didn't think about it until the night before Plug In Day and submitted it at 8PM and it was ready by 7AM. I think they take jpeg too.

To those who downloaded my compressed poster, I went to Staples Saturday to print it out (8 1/2 x 11) and when I did some text was missing.
(Looked fine on the screen). So I ended up using Leilani's big version, perhaps I should have gone to Fedex Kinko's like DSM.

Today was Science Day at the local elementary my kids attend. There were a whole bunch of different presentations kids could sign up for.

I did a presentation on electric vehicles that first included a PowerPoint presentation, and then we went outside to check out my P85+.

I did three sessions.

rege3ehu.jpg