Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Car Show Poster' for the 17" Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mountain slide/roadsters... I get where you are coming from. Its a personal picture of mine, and I'm quite fond of it (so likely not removing it...).

LOL! I've picked my nit and all done. :) It's a lovely picture, and I'll enjoy looking at it, too.

Skateboard. I like the suggestion. I wasn't fond of the slide as is, but I couldn't find a better alternative source video, and did like the motion aspect vs just a still of the pack/chassis. Adding that text... won't be a piece of cake. I'll try to do it, but honestly may not get to it before the upcoming week of Drive Electric.

I don't think critics with no skin in the game should be allowed to express any opinion whatsoever re schedules and deadlines. :)

Reactions: Footbag
Rather than/in addition to a poster to have on display when showing the car at car shows or the like, I figured why not put the center screen to good use (since it gets lots of attention anyway). So I came up with a web site that runs through a slideshow of sorts.

I really wanted video to display on the screen... which we know isn't really permitted, so I used animated GIFs as an alternative.

I bring this up full screen on the browser (works well on LTE, but is quite slow on 3G, I would recommend tethering to a cell phone to get the initial load completed).

I then leave a door ajar, so the screen stays on (for a good while anyway, does eventually turn off... a quick tap of the brake will get it going again).

I have two versions:
USA (imperial)
Canada (metric - not really Canada specific otherwise).
Absolutely love it. Great contribution. Thanks a lot.

Just made a new thread with updates, but thought I'd come here and update this thread as well...

Canada: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Canada

USA: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – USA

Europe: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Europe

Asia: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Asia

Australia/NZ: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Australia

Repeating some of what was discussed earlier:

To work within the restrictive confines of the Tesla MCU (I have v1) and web browser (and my lack of skills!), I've had to make some concessions… low res images to keep file sizes down, and REALLY low res 'videos'. I had some additional videos featuring autopilot and things, but the MCU would periodically freeze/reboot, so I've left just two.

Given that the purpose of this is to have info displayed to people peering in via windows/trunk (I open the trunk and lower half the seats, to make the screen more visible to young children), I feel the low res is acceptable. It is also useful when giving test rides.

I've tried to make this fairly generic, with info for all owners (starting price, top range, best performance). I've kept the energy products and Semi out of scope (for now).