Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car taking 10-15 seconds to turn on sometimes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All technology should have overrides, IMO. I don't like when computers act like they "know me" better than I do. Like a microwave that WILL NOT STOP BEEPING because it thinks you don't want your food to get cold. Maybe I'm in the middle of watching something LIVE on TV, stupid microwave!

I hope Tesla keeps users in mind as they go forward, and don't take away our freedom like hand-holding Apple does.

To his point though, it's quite annoying when technology is trying to be "intelligent" but gets it way wrong. Remember Clippy in Word? At least you could disable his "help"...

Yeah, but I really enjoyed Clippy's facial expressions. I think I'm the only one on the planet, though.

Re the 15-second wait, I get it intermittently and I haven't discerned a pattern. My guess is about 5% of the time. Temperature doesn't go much below 5C (~38F) where I live. I have it on sleep max, and I lose about 6km (4mi?) every night.

First you get it to work, then you get it to work correctly, then you make it fast. I believe they are somewhere between #1 and #2.

I wonder how many 12v battery replacement hassles they figure are justified before getting serious on this one...?

I wish a couple engineers are tucked away with this their sole mission and measurement, with bonuses paid by how much power they save while the car is parked while not impacting user responsiveness of controls or connectivity speeds.

Who does this well, phone manufacturers? Apple?

Got back in the car today and started counting for real - it was 20 seconds today before I could start rolling. That feels like an eternity in the moment, and god forbid there's a reason you need to get moving right away (knife wielding maniac chasing you)