Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car width in Sydney?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reckon I'm going to leave it alone whilst its working:).
The wife parks her car on a slight angle in the garage. After a full reverse and forward (first ever) I noticed my tesla now aligns on the same angle as her tesla.

Yeah you're probably right. I work in software so I am used to testing things even if I wind up worse off just because I really need to know... ;). At least your wife only parks on a slight angle. One reason my car is set to tight is that Marge parks her SUV wherever-the-hell-she-wants and so I need to give her plenty of room. :)

Yeah you're probably right. I work in software so I am used to testing things even if I wind up worse off just because I really need to know... ;). At least your wife only parks on a slight angle. One reason my car is set to tight is that Marge parks her SUV wherever-the-hell-she-wants and so I need to give her plenty of room. :)
Oh yes I have that problem too. I only get about 300mm each side as an entry point, but the angle gives me loads of door opening. She used to stop 2 metres from the wall thinking she was about to have a full frontal collision, but has gradually learnt to trust her tesla distance marker.

Thanks, that's what I thought may be the case. Definitely don't intend to take it grocery shopping, but there are times (planned or unplanned) where it's necessary to actually park somewhere :)

I take mine grocery shopping every week - the size of the boot is very useful.

I have also taken trips to the garden centre - the froot is perfect size/height for keeping smaller plants upright and not rolling around. It is also worth it just for the confused stares from other customers....

So far the only "injury" the car has sustained is that I opened the boot in a car park in Hornsby and didn't realise there was a low pipe hanging from the roof above and got a very tiny chip in the paint on the edge of the boot lid.

The only car park I have found to be uncomfortably tight so far was one in Parramatta a few weeks ago. I frankly don't know what building code it complied with, and after all of the breathing in as I made the turns with four colleagues on board there weren't any free spots in the damn place anyway!

Indeed, size / width is a crucial factor, at least in Europe, and a "garage test" showed that a model X would have been too large (see
, and I ordered a Model S). Besides, even on motorways (Autobahn), construction site lanes on the left often do not allow cars that are wider than 2 meters. So both S and X have to stay on the right lane, together with trucks and lorries.