Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car will not exit the freeway (NOA).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday was my first day as beta tester, the minor quirks I can live with, I've seen my share of YouTube videos, however, the major problem is the car will not exit the freeway. It brakes fairly hard, but does not turn on the blinkers, nor make the turn, but rather recalculates the route to the next offramp whereupon it repeats that process even to the third offramp.

Is this at ever exit, or just the one you like to take? My car takes most exits perfectly, but there's one (my daily commute) where it punks out periodically.
The exit is a two lane service road and the car inches over and then bounces back to the travel lanes. Fingers crossed that the forthcoming update will correct.
As a new beta tester, expect the unexpected, and don't be disappointed when the car goofs...it will.

Reactions: diplomat33
Well, since you've only had it for one day, I'd say give it some time. I'm sure you'll find that the car usually gets it right, unless there's particularly difficult exits in your area that confuses the car. I've had it for a year, and there's only one exit it has troubles with. If it persists, use the Video Camera icon to let them know.

When you enter a destination and engage AP on the freeway, there is a little icon below the nav route that looks like this:

1669148941449.png

It needs to be enabled (Blue) for NoA to handle lane changes and switch freeway interchanges. There is a setting under Autopilot / NoA for enabling that function every time you enter a destination. You should have that setting enabled.

Reactions: drtimhill
Yesterday was my first day as beta tester, the minor quirks I can live with, I've seen my share of YouTube videos, however, the major problem is the car will not exit the freeway. It brakes fairly hard, but does not turn on the blinkers, nor make the turn, but rather recalculates the route to the next offramp whereupon it repeats that process even to the third offramp.
Was your car taking exits properly before you had the Beta, when using Navigate on Autopilot?