Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

carbon effect dash and door inlay anyone know where these can be bought in the uk for new model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
prefer to buy in the uk and if possible would like the dash and door covers from the same seller so I know they will match
These are also top of my list of stuff to get and whilst I know they can be vought in the UK and USA I know that they are all made in China and the guy you are buying them off in the UK bought then in China and simply added his margin - they questiion for me is . . . how do I filter through the multiple choices on Ali Exrees to get to the best quality parts?

These are also top of my list of stuff to get and whilst I know they can be vought in the UK and USA I know that they are all made in China and the guy you are buying them off in the UK bought then in China and simply added his margin - they questiion for me is . . . how do I filter through the multiple choices on Ali Exrees to get to the best quality parts?
It is hit and miss, some have feedback. Some of the carbon effect ones look cheap, so I would resist myself from buying. I had one for my other daily runner and it looks horrible but I don’t mind as that does the job.

I’d guess the safest option would be to approach a wrapping place and look at some samples of carbon lookalike wraps. 3M are bound to make something decent - but likely pricey
I've been trying to look for something like this, alot of the 'Covers' are big plastic covers that make the dash look clumsey. I'd much rather put on a 3M wrap, like D-Brand offers 👀

I ordered a set back in Nov - hoping to have them before the car arrived. Had the car for 3 months now and the parts have just arrived. All up, I spent £47. I dry fitted the parts yesterday and think it looks ok.

CD1270E6-8937-46D6-86AE-144CBA8908C8.jpeg

The new part just tested on the dash at the moment. It does have matching side inserts too

F3D3E34B-29FA-44B6-806D-2738DC8DA1B3.jpeg

I ordered a set back in Nov - hoping to have them before the car arrived. Had the car for 3 months now and the parts have just arrived. All up, I spent £47. I dry fitted the parts yesterday and think it looks ok.

View attachment 774324

The new part just tested on the dash at the moment. It does have matching side inserts too

View attachment 774325
can I know where / who you bought them from?

I've had really good luck personally just buying some 3M 1080 wrap (their carbon looks great) and cutting to fit myself.

Reactions: MrT3
I also bought mine from the same store on Ali. I went for the glossy carbon fibre. They took three weeks to arrive. The look good but I don’t get the car until Friday so will see what they look like for real.

Last edited by a moderator:
One full piece for the dash and one piece each for the side parts. That’s one of the reasons I got this set as I didn’t like the thought of joined bits behind the screen.

It’s laid on the dash behind the wood in this pic. Can just about make it out.

This is the Matte finish version
E6AA5AB8-6479-4106-AAB3-1BDA3651915C.jpeg

Attachments

• C6C29A0B-466F-4EF1-942F-6011467B69C3.jpeg
    C6C29A0B-466F-4EF1-942F-6011467B69C3.jpeg
    473.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: brancky3
I got them from the “roadster accessories store” on Ali express. Fitted the side pieces yesterday but the main dash is still just rested in place.

View attachment 774753
View attachment 774754
Thanks - looks nice . . . . . I founf the store, it states that it is one piece (which is difficult for the postman but nice for the car) . . . it doesn't say what material it is i.e. genuine carbon fibre . . . is it plastic ( does it matter if it looks good - probably not)

One full piece for the dash and one piece each for the side parts. That’s one of the reasons I got this set as I didn’t like the thought of joined bits behind the screen.

It’s laid on the dash behind the wood in this pic. Can just about make it out.

This is the Matte finish version
View attachment 774778
Is this the set your bought $73?

Thanks - looks nice . . . . . I founf the store, it states that it is one piece (which is difficult for the postman but nice for the car) . . . it doesn't say what material it is i.e. genuine carbon fibre . . . is it plastic ( does it matter if it looks good - probably not)
It’s a plastic type material, slightly flexible but defo not real CF. Does look nice, not sure how it will hold up to use and scratches, but I take care of my things so will be really unlucky if I get damage. I’ve said it now……

Looking through (the minefield) which AliExpress I see that much of the Carbon Fibre stuff is called Carbon Fibre ABS. I've googled that and it seems to suggest that this is some type of carbon fibre coating? I have found a dask trim which states REAL carbon fibre and is priced appropriatley, I can't find REAL carbon fibre door trims. I feel like I want REAL carbon fibre but I'm not sure why