Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon or Ceramic tint on White and White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I am getting my Model 3 tinted tomorrow and have a question. I am trying to decide between the carbon or ceramic strictly on looks. My car is white on white.

Thanks

Attachments

• 78BFA08E-A12C-4494-BC3B-FB8CDCC3F84D.jpeg
    78BFA08E-A12C-4494-BC3B-FB8CDCC3F84D.jpeg
    725.2 KB · Views: 393
What percentages are you planning to run? If you're going chrome delete and the full contrast, carbon is definitely the way to go!

Here's a crappy pic showing off my Formula One Classic 15% with !Chrome in a satin finish.
72966012349918460084.jpg
Thanks, @Mike Hawk ! I'm in a similar boat: white + white trying to decide, but leaning towards ceramic for heat rejection regardless of looks. Yours looks how I'd want it to be if tint laws were not an issue. Definitely makes me rethink !chrome if I go ceramic. :/

I've heard of ceramic tint but never heard of carbon, is that just regular tint?

I'm also thinking of tinting my white on white and debating if I should get ceramic or tint. I know Suntek and Llumar's ceramic tints aren't blue like 3M's ceramic tints though.

I've never heard of carbon window tint but on my 2012 Sonata that I traded in for my P3D+, did have ceramic tint all around including the sun roof for heat rejection! It was a great investment IMO for the amount of heat that was NOT transmitted back into the cabin. I'm looking now for another installer to do a complete tint job all around for our harsh Hawaii sun and radiation.

Haven't been able to capture any "great" photos lately of my car due to the Bay Area weather, but I have 20% CeraLuxe Quantum on my Front/Rear windows and 65% Spectra PhotoSync on my windshield. Decided to do CeraLuxe for my side windows as PhotoSync only goes 35% as their lowest, same company. I'd definitely recommend going darker for white interior, especially with a white exterior. Ceramic has helped this past summer with the heat, but do keep in mind if you wear polarized sunglasses, there is a weird haze when looking out, but I don't mind it too much. Hope this helps!
hji.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Dre78
23892E61-6F93-4C39-9ECA-890DFFBB7F8C.jpeg
Mine is 35% Carbon (Suntek, I think). Look at the actual IR rejection numbers from the manufacturer. The difference between carbon and ceramic is very small. I chose carbon for the blacker color, and I get good IR/heat rejection.