Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Card Key names question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and each have a card key. Mine is named Dave, and under that name it says 9:32 PM | Key card | Sally Smith. My wife's card card is named Sally and under that name it says 9:32 PM | Key card | Sally Smith. My question is why do both cards have my wife's name and how to I change my card to say Dave Smith instead of Sally Smith. Please, no jokes about the wife rules, that goes without saying LOL! Thanks!

Pretty sure the key cards listed on the screen have a "user" icon on them that associates them with the currently selected driver profile.

So get in the car and change the driver profile to you. Then go to the lost of key cards on screen and hit a button.
Thank you. I didn't quite understand your explanation until the guy who set up my car sent me this text in quotes below. Now I understand what you told me was exactly right!

"Place your key card on the console compartment then set the profile to your profile and hit the profile icon and it will change to the name to yours."

Reactions: father_of_6
Upvote 0