Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Careful Where Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG-20210802-WA0000__01.jpg

Careful Where Park!

A big PSA & FYI! For any drivers up in Scotland.

Yes my model 3 will easily fit underneath, but what happens when it doesn't want start and can't get it out? Well, Tesla will obviously sent a contractor recovery person out, when they start scratching their head on how to fix it... Prepare to abandon your car for 2 days! (and counting).

Glasgow service don't have Technician Rangers yet eithier.

I don't understand your problem and why it's unique to Scotland? If the car won't start then it doesn't matter if that barrier is in the way or not does it? As others have said you can easily roll the car if a recovery vehicle can't get past the barrier. Glasgow may not have Rangers (oh the irony) but Edinburgh and Aberdeen have them and I've had one sent out to Glasgow before.

Won't go into tow mode or neutral. Doesn't even accept the key cards or resets. Left hand side doors won't open eithier... And the sat nav thinks it's in California after a factory reset

The Scotland point was more to do with the lack of assistance i received from them. The call centre folk in NL are super friendly, but are telling me one thing, getting someone down first thing today. Then Glasgow service say they don't have that Ranger service. And a guy won't be down from Glasgow until 5pm. Supposedly the Edinburgh team are booked out, so are the courtesy cars!

Had the car for over a year, only had to do a couple of soft resets and a manual charger disconnect, no other problems.

Nearly at the 72 hours mark, luckily i wasn't far from home
😢

Reactions: moodel_tree
Won't go into tow mode or neutral. Doesn't even accept the key cards or resets. Left hand side doors won't open eithier... And the sat nav thinks it's in California after a factory reset

The Scotland point was more to do with the lack of assistance i received from them. The call centre folk in NL are super friendly, but are telling me one thing, getting someone down first thing today. Then Glasgow service say they don't have that Ranger service. And a guy won't be down from Glasgow until 5pm. Supposedly the Edinburgh team are booked out, so are the courtesy cars!

Had the car for over a year, only had to do a couple of soft resets and a manual charger disconnect, no other problems.

😢
if the curtesy cars are not available they should give you a hire car. They may not bring it up and they won't be happy about it but if you insist then they should. At least they did for me ( south of the boarder). I did need one but I also figured having it was costing them so might focus their minds on getting my car fixed more quickly....

Reactions: moodel_tree
I realise that having 24/7 Tesla service team wouldn't make sense, the cost and amount of Tesla on the road etc. And it has been unlucky about the bank holiday yesterday.

I'll send in clips if the Tesla guy decides to drag it out with the brakes on 👍

if the curtesy cars are not available they should give you a hire car. They may not bring it up and they won't be happy about it but if you insist then they should. At least they did for me ( south of the boarder). I did need one but I also figured having it was costing them so might focus their minds on getting my car fixed more quickly....
It's arranged from the breakdown/ emergency guys. I had the courtesy car (model s) from enterprise dropped off to me before they came to pick mine up.

😢
Thanks for the context - I hope it's a straightforward fix (my monies on a faulty ECU).

Since you've had the car for over a year, do you have any ideas on what might have caused it to behave like that? Did you do anything different, any water ingress? Also any error messages in the notifications or any diagnostics from Tesla indicating what it might be?

Have you tried a hard reset (disconnecting the battery with any usb's unplugged?

Sorry more questions than answers i'm afraid.

So the problem you have has nothing to do with the picture you posted and nothing to do with your location? Helpful.
No i don't think the barrier broke my tesla. But it did stop my broken Tesla from getting out, for 3 days.

Tesla tech supervisor came out (unpaid) to release the brakes and push it out.

Was just trying to make folk aware that Tesla just rely on the contractor recovery drivers that are limited to what they can do on the car. And Tesla don't have the resources in Scotland to send technicians out in an emergency.

No i don't think the barrier broke my tesla. But it did stop my broken Tesla from getting out, for 3 days.

Tesla tech supervisor came out (unpaid) to release the brakes and push it out.
I| still don't understand this. Are you suggesting if the barrier wasn't there the recovery people would have just dragged the car onto the recovery vehicle while it was locked and not in transport mode? The manual makes it quite clear that this should not be done and Tesla won't take any responsibility for damaged that is incurred in this way. So to me, the problem is that your car was locked up and this would cause the same issues wherever it was parked.
I think you’ll find that it’s much the same anywhere in the UK though obviously more of a challenge in more distant areas… they’re not the AA after all.
That's why I asked where he was parked. If he was parked in Argyle Street in Glasgow, then he's got a right to be annoyed. Argyll St in Cambeltown, less so :)

Reactions: Adopado