Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was under the impression that WeatherTech was coming out with their mats for the X, either for direct sale of through Tesla. I expect them to be available within the next 4-6 weeks. I've been holding out to see what they're like before buying any mats.
More like 8-12 weeks...see my post about making a request..I've made multiple. Spread the word and they may step on it! (pardon the pun)

Reactions: vandacca
I just sent an Email as well.
Subject: Custom mats for Tesla Model-X
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 09:21:43 -0400
To: [email protected]

Hello,

I was wondering if you were planning to come out with custom mats for
the Tesla Model-X (2016)? Specifically, I would be interested in the
following:
- Driver-side mat
- Passenger-side mat
- 2nd row mat (6-seat configuration)
- 3rd row mat
- front trunk mat

And optionally, a rear trunk mat that would work both with the 3rd row
raised and/or lowered. Either 2-sections or some kind of folding
solution. I would only be interested in this mat if it was a
convenient, elegant design.

Thanks,
--Dan

I got a response...4-6 weeks for some mats and 8-12 for others. I bolded the text for emphasis below.
Thank you for reaching out to us. It does appear we have that front Floor Liner for that 2016 Tesla Model X in development. It is currently in the design stage and should be available in about 8-10 weeks. As for the 2nd and 3rd we are just waiting for them to get approved and it is looking like those should be available in about 4-6 weeks. I will go ahead and add you to the product update form so when they do become available we will contact you. Thank you again for your inquiry and please let me know if you have any other questions.

I see the difference on their website between the "Floor Liner" and "All-Weather Mats". I hope they are coming out with both. I have Emailed them again to find out...
Bad news, only floor liners for now. No All-Weather mats on the horizon. Here is the exact message I got:
Unfortunately as of right now they are just working on the Floor Liners and I do not have anything in my system of when the production for those All Weather Mats would start.

Floor lines are what Tesla has for the MS and those work great. Better if you live in cold nasty climates as they capture a lot more wet snow/mud/liquids. They should look great as they will fit more perfectly around edges, wrap up, and stay put better. Not sure how they will work on the more flat 2nd/3rd row though, hmmm....

I believe @Roamer posted a photo of a cargo liner that he'd purchased. I couldn't immediately find it, but I did want to post the one I purchased. I got the extra large size of this liner. I measured carefully and originally purchased the small, but realized that the width they supply doesn't include the flaps that go up the sides. In order to get good coverage, you need the extra large size. I'm happy with the thickness and the quality. I don't have dogs, but assume this is perfect for them. For me, it's going to be the way I load up the junk I often carry around.

Note that there is quite a bit of extra length - this could come in handy when/if cargo mode is implemented, as well as for hanging over and covering the bumper. It also can fold up and over your cargo so that when the tailgate is closed, the inside of that is also protected.

View attachment 172270

Thanks for posting this @ohmman! I just ordered one on Amazon last night and it already arrived this morning. Really easy and quick to install (less than 1 minute) and perfect to transport stuff.

Anyone using that liner with a 6-seat configuration? I'm wondering how the gap would affect the liner use. For example, will it sag into the gap and/or will the liner be strong enough to prevent boxes from sliding through?

Anyone using that liner with a 6-seat configuration? I'm wondering how the gap would affect the liner use. For example, will it sag into the gap and/or will the liner be strong enough to prevent boxes from sliding through?
I use it with the 6-seat configuration. It is strong enough to prevent boxes from sliding through. That's one of the reasons I got it - to blockade that section. The only time it will sag through is if you have something heavy only in the center, and there's nothing to weigh down the sides. But overall, it works pretty nicely. I'd like if the headrest straps were a little better fitting, but for a "universal" fit, it's definitely good.

• Helpful
Reactions: vandacca