Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo vent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my X. Would like input on some features. The vent in the cargo area.....is it s real vent? I see all sorts of wiring behind the cover. Would recirculate use this vent to pull air to the back to keep my dog from freezing in winter? Also, is there anyway to enable the side vents by the wings for 5 seaters, or are they just decoration unless you have 3 rows of seating?

If I recall correctly, 5 seaters have only 1 HVAC compressor; 7 seaters - 2: one for the front and one for the third row.

The vents by the FWD that are behind first row seats are actual AC vents, the vents by the FWD behind second row are too actual AC vents but they just have very poor air flow. The "vent" located in the cargo area on the left side opposite the stop light is not a real vent - there is no duct work to it

If I recall correctly, 5 seaters have only 1 HVAC compressor; 7 seaters - 2: one for the front and one for the third row.

The vents by the FWD that are behind first row seats are actual AC vents, the vents by the FWD behind second row are too actual AC vents but they just have very poor air flow. The "vent" located in the cargo area on the left side opposite the stop light is not a real vent - there is no duct work to it

Cars with the rear HVAC system still only have one compressor. The difference is the addition of a second fan unit in the right rear of the vehicle plus a 2.5 kW (approximately) electric PTC heater. The fan unit supplies air to the 3rd row vents as well as the 2nd row vents by the falcon wing doors. Cooling for the rear is just shared from the main compressor that serves the front HVAC and the high voltage battery pack.

Cars with the rear HVAC system still only have one compressor. The difference is the addition of a second fan unit in the right rear of the vehicle plus a 2.5 kW (approximately) electric PTC heater. The fan unit supplies air to the 3rd row vents as well as the 2nd row vents by the falcon wing doors. Cooling for the rear is just shared from the main compressor that serves the front HVAC and the high voltage battery pack.
Not according to this:

Jyj6P6e.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Solarman004