Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carplay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a car with XM built since 8.0 was released and you have the station/category list, you may be in a small group that has the XM station list.

Some of us have been able to get the station list for a brief time, before it again disappeared.

So far, it doesn't appear there's anything the Service Centers can do to fix this problem - we're (still) waiting for Tesla to fix this bug.

The removal of the XM station slider in 8.0 is puzzling. The station slider is still present for AM & FM, and removing it for only the XM, coupled with the station list bug has made XM very difficult to use when trying to find a specific channel (such as live sports broadcasts).
Mine was built before, came with 6.2. The current interface definitely has inconsistencies and appears unfinished. My biggest pet-pieve is the handling and display of media metadata. It seems that Tesla does not have a team responsible for it full time. As someone here said even if there is just one person poking at it we would be seeing improvements.

We're still waiting for the year-old XM problems to be fixed, but evidently there was time to add several new features to one of the next releases - Homelink distance adjustment and camper mode...

XM was working correctly (without the station slider) on our S P85 until we transferred the XM subscription to our S 100D in March, so I can't check to see if XM is still working on the VIN 3xxx car. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see the XM bug cause problems with older cars, and once that starts, you might be in the same boat as the rest of us - waiting for Tesla to fix the bug.

Hate to revive an old thread, but I have a rental car while my car is getting autoflex'd and it has Carplay and what a joy it is to use from Apple Maps which taps my Apple Watch when I need to turn, to Spotify to iMessages with voice dictation. My first experience with it. I was pretty pleased with it.

Makes me even angrier that Tesla isn't adopting it :(

Hate to revive an old thread, but I have a rental car while my car is getting autoflex'd and it has Carplay and what a joy it is to use from Apple Maps which taps my Apple Watch when I need to turn, to Spotify to iMessages with voice dictation. My first experience with it. I was pretty pleased with it.

Makes me even angrier that Tesla isn't adopting it :(
I am only a recent Apple iPhone user. Android for years. But had a rental as well and opened my eyes to a whole new way of connecting. Too bad Tesla does not have it

CarPlay is one of the two features where our Leaf is actually significantly better than our Model 3. The other is road noise, I sure wish my Model 3 was as quiet as our Leaf.

Is a Tesla smart enough to change the "skip" buttons to "+15" or "+30s" when playing a podcast? Nope. Hit one of those and you're podcast is history, it's off to the next one. In the M3 I'm often reaching down into the phone cubby to tap the "+15s" button (where are my eyes NOT when aiming for that little tap target?) on podcasts to skip ads. This control really belongs on the screen with the other audio controls. With CarPlay it's a non-issue. Big fat button, mash it a few times.

Reactions: pete8314
Sorry to beat a dead beaten horse, but ..

As Tesla owners, should we politely but as a group, request Tesla that they should offer better phone integration on the world's most hi-tech car? When Elon asked suggestions for 7.0, carplay was the #1 requested feature. And it's a shame that the #1 requested feature is being ignored completely.

Benefits,
1. Safer if you don't have to look at your phone
2. More features that benefit EVERY Tesla owner, not just the ones with the newest hardware
3. Better music player, nav, voice controls, basically everything so Tesla can focus their time on things like AP.
4. Makes us not jealous of a Toyota corolla.

If we were to make such a request to Tesla, what would be the best avenue?

Surprise, you don't have a high-tech car. You have a high-tech drive train. The rest can be found in my daughter's Honda Civic.