TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cars bound for Boston destroyed in transit?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by scriptacus, Feb 17, 2013.

1. scriptacus

scriptacus Member

Just saw the following post on reddit, hopefully the author can provide further details. Major bummer.

"I had a delivery date of February 14-28. Got a call on February 15 from Tesla giving me the bad news: the carrier transporting my car to Boston had an accident and rolled on its side, totaling all cars onboard. So now I have another month+ to wait for my rebuild.
    Anyone else on here have a car lost in that batch?"

My Tesla got destroyed in transit from the factory : teslamotors

2. K Hall

K Hall Member

That really blows! Especially with a sold out factory. It just increases their back orders.

3. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

More sales for tesla, since the carrier (or insurance) will have to pay for those

4. Desai

Desai Member

@scriptacus (and all the other Model S owners on this carrier) - truly feel your pain and so sorry for this delay!

5. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Photo or it didn't happen. Anyway . . . Mmmm, spare parts ! ! :love:
    --

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Was anyone from the NYT in the vicinity?

7. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

Ok, that made me laugh. A lot :)

8. K Hall

K Hall Member

Who was the carrier? I would love to purchase a salvage MS.