Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carseats for Model X???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have our two year old twin girls in the Diono Radian 120 and they work well. I can fold them and stash them vertically in the lower rear trunk when I need to take adults around. If you're rear facing still, you need to get the foam wedge so the seat angle is higher otherwise they'll impinge on the front seats too much. Our Clek Foonfs also fit well but again, rear facing takes up a lot of space. Not as much as the Diono Radian 120 w/o the foam wedge though since the base has it's own angle adjustments.

My rear facing clerk foonf is close to hitting the front seat. Definitely does hit the front seat when moving the second toward forward(to access third row).
This is good to know because I was considering upgrading to the clerk foonf instead of the orbit. I have orbit products and love them, but I like how the foonf reclines and has an adjustable headrest. Now I'm torn

The adjustable headrest is nice and easy to use. It provides deeps "wings" for the baby to rest their head when they're sleeping. As with all car seats, there's a "safe range" of recline that the seat allows dependent upon the weight of the baby so the reclining feature isn't that much of a big deal. When they're front facing, you're supposed to install the car seat so the seat back has as much contact with the vehicle seat as possible so the recline feature doesn't come into play in the Model X. The Clek Foonf material is great and easy to clean (one of our twins gets car sick easily). The seats are soft enough, but not pillow soft like other car seats. Adjustment is easy and the rigid rear latch arms for forward facing is really nice. It also has a "leg" and a rebound bar that makes rear facing rock solid. If you can spring for them, I highly recommend it. Additionally, they're one of the narrowest car seats and can fit three across in many SUVs.

The adjustable headrest is nice and easy to use. It provides deeps "wings" for the baby to rest their head when they're sleeping. As with all car seats, there's a "safe range" of recline that the seat allows dependent upon the weight of the baby so the reclining feature isn't that much of a big deal. When they're front facing, you're supposed to install the car seat so the seat back has as much contact with the vehicle seat as possible so the recline feature doesn't come into play in the Model X. The Clek Foonf material is great and easy to clean (one of our twins gets car sick easily). The seats are soft enough, but not pillow soft like other car seats. Adjustment is easy and the rigid rear latch arms for forward facing is really nice. It also has a "leg" and a rebound bar that makes rear facing rock solid. If you can spring for them, I highly recommend it. Additionally, they're one of the narrowest car seats and can fit three across in many SUVs.
Thanks for the additional information. My daughter is still rear facing but she is tall for her age and needs extra leg space so that little bit of recline is very helpful. She is currently in an Orbit rear facing only car seat and her legs are scrunched. I think I will probably go with the foonf.

How are you guys with the Diono Radian's routing the rear tether and making it stay? Or are you using on the lap belt routed and locked with the clip? I can't seem to get my Radian's to sit and fit right. The Britax Marathon's fit fine but prefer to have the Diono's.

image.png
Here's ours, Britax Advocate Rear facing and Britax Boulevard front facing, both of these are Clicktight which is awesome but it disables the auto fold function of the to access the rear seats as the seatbelt is required to mount. Wife still fits in the middle seat, she's slim, I personally would not even try.

View attachment 188939 Here's ours, Britax Advocate Rear facing and Britax Boulevard front facing, both of these are Clicktight which is awesome but it disables the auto fold function of the to access the rear seats as the seatbelt is required to mount. Wife still fits in the middle seat, she's slim, I personally would not even try.

So if any case the seat belts are used instead of LATCH, the seats think they're occupied and won't move? My Britax seats are pre-Clicktight so they still work well with the LATCH and v-style tether and fits good in the seats.

Diono has a single tether that keeps sliding and with the headrest, it doesn't sit well. With two front facing car seats, I'd prefer to use the narrower Diono to utilize the 3rd seat and be able to access the back though that won't be too often.

I'm a bit confused. Why are people using seat belt attachment method with the car seats? Why not just use LATCH? If the child is heavier than 40 lbs why not just swap out the child seat for a $30 booster with a shoulder strap guide?

The Britax Clicktight does not have the latch option, it's only seatbelt use. It is actually very secure and much easier to put on and take off without making a mistake.

Regarding the seatbelt use, the seat will still move while the car seat belt is attached but not automated, you will need to press and hold. However once the seatbelt is released, full functionality is restored.