Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carvana trial: Should I keep or not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks! I am on day 7 of 7-day trial for 2016 Model X that I really like but it is showing error messages that I cannot be reset by 12v battery & hv loop disconnection method. Errors are BMS_u008 and BMS_w172 (acceleration and top speed reduced; vehicle may not start). The vehicle itself I got for $56k with only 40k miles and has 2.0 computer, premium connectivity and free supercharging and is in perfect condition in every other way.
Do I keep and hope Carvana’s 100 day warranty will cover repairs or gave them take it back and get my money back? (Please no Carvana potential bankruptcy tangents as I will calculate that risk separately).
Please comment!

not sure the legitimacy of this website but here it is:
1679501293329.png

1679501351694.png

so basically Isolation issue... could be any external HV component...
is it Performance model? if so, then most likely LDU coolant leak...

Upvote 0
Not a Performance model. If it is any hv issue, what are the chances of getting a new HV battery under the 8 year warranty?
100% if Tesla determines its HV batt...
Most folks on here that had HV failed with warranty reported no issues getting it covered under warranty, as long as u have it
However if its Battery heater or cabin heater (which are also common) then its most likely an out of pocket...

Reactions: preilly44
Upvote 0
I also bought a Model X from Carvana. First, as you alluded to, their business model is a trainwreck right now, so I'm not at all sure how lucky you would be with getting issues addressed under warranty. At the very least I'd want a signed due bill or other contractual agreement where they agree to resolve these current issues completely.

Upvote 0
Personally? I'd dump it ASAP. It is used, it is Carvana. You can literally order another one next week w/o any issues even if its from Carvana again. Price also seems high"ish" as someone else mentioned for a 2016. Also why not just get a used one from Tesla directly? Cut out the middle man and all that. Their prices are not going to be terribly different than Carvana.

Upvote 0