Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cashier check or wire for final payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my MVPA online and they have scheduled delivery for next Wednesday. I would like to pay after inspecting the car, so I don't want to pay online before the scheduled delivery date and time.

I would like to pay by wire transfer from my bank. If I authorize the wire transfer after I inspect the car, would that work for Tesla? How long will it take for them to confirm receipt of payment and let me drive away?

I just received my MVPA online and they have scheduled delivery for next Wednesday. I would like to pay after inspecting the car, so I don't want to pay online before the scheduled delivery date and time.

I would like to pay by wire transfer from my bank. If I authorize the wire transfer after I inspect the car, would that work for Tesla? How long will it take for them to confirm receipt of payment and let me drive away?

Congrats! I'm scheduled to take delivery in CHI on Wednesday as well! Grey AWD with 18s. If you see me, say hi!

Speaking with my lender, she said the wire is basically instant. We talked about me inspecting the car before the wire, then calling her to wire anon my approval. So I would suspect this would be fine. If they can verify a personal check at delivery, they can verify a wire transfer....IMO. In the end, I'm wiring most of the money the day before delivery and bringing the rest as a check. I figure if something isn't right, I've got 7 days or 1,000 miles to give it back if need be.