Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caught doing 110 mph OVER the speed limit!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We live in interesting times. 200 mph cars are affordable, but nobody is paying attention while they drive.

I've been over 200 mph, but not on public roads. It's not as fun as you'd think especially if the aero begins to lift the nose. The Teslas would fall into this category if they had the speed.

OMG. The world's dumbest driver? From the article:

“My fault,” the man told officers, according to the ticket’s comment section. “I was speeding with another vehicle. Sorry.”

He claimed he was guilty of speeding AND street racing. Owwww...
In California, that's 4 points on your driving record. 2 for "over 100" CVC, and 2 more for Speed Contest.

• Informative
Reactions: DOCAL
I've driven 160mph for an extended amount of time on the Autobahn, and honestly as an American driver I felt very uncomfortable driving at that speed. You really have to pay a tremendous amount of arttention. After ten minutes I was so stressed that I slowed down to 110 to match the other traffic.

I far prefer 0-60 mph sprints to high speed driving.

Reactions: gavine
We live in interesting times. 200 mph cars are affordable, but nobody is paying attention while they drive.

I've been over 200 mph, but not on public roads. It's not as fun as you'd think especially if the aero begins to lift the nose. The Teslas would fall into this category if they had the speed.
186mph is my personal max and I don't feel the need to do it again. IMO once you surpass ~150mph all bets are off. (Race track or not)

Reactions: MXLRplus
OMG. The world's dumbest driver? From the article:

“My fault,” the man told officers, according to the ticket’s comment section. “I was speeding with another vehicle. Sorry.”

He claimed he was guilty of speeding AND street racing. Owwww...
In California, that's 4 points on your driving record. 2 for "over 100" CVC, and 2 more for Speed Contest.
Lesson here: NEVER TALK TO THE COPS.

Fastest I've ever driven was 90 mph in my Roadster. I had it there for maybe 10 seconds before I slowed back down to the 70 mph limit. 90 was scary. But scarier than driving the Roadster at 90 was the time I got my Zap Xebra up to 50 mph downhill. (35 was as fast as it would go on level ground, but downhill was another matter.)