TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Caught on dashcam - car accident on ice road in Russia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andrew Newman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Andrew Newman

Andrew Newman Banned

Russian people such bad drivers

2. L-P-G

L-P-G Member

You're generalizing a bit here, Russia has the highest number of dash cams per capita due to insurance fraud so statistically they are bound to have the most videos. If the US had as many cams per capita then we'd have the most videos.

3. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

There is a bit more to it than just having more dash cams per capita. You need to factor in the poorly constructed and badly maintained roadways, a fair amount of soviet era engineered cars, lots of inclement weather and less than adequate plowing and finally the massive consumption of vodka by the population and you then have all the factors needed for a perfect storm of idiotic driving and spectactular accidents caught on camera. there are literally hundreds of hours of this stuff on you tube

4. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

My favourite Russian road incident:

It kept blowing up, and blowing up, and blowing up...

5. swaltner

swaltner Member

I love me a good BLEVE. Such a cool video! Hopefully the truck driver got out before the fire got out of control.

6. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

Here's a challenge: can anyone find even one single instance of a Russian dash-cam crash involving a Tesla?