Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what it says in my account on the Tesla Korea site. I'm guessing it'll ship to the Soomlab address in Korea (which I cropped out of this screenshot for privacy) and then they'll forward it to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 4.34.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 4.34.13 PM.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 88
I'm pretty sure all of the orders Harmio placed said the same thing that they were untrackable. So I suspect that that means that it was actually shipped.
Yeah that's normal. From what my Korean clients told me, it is illegal for Korean tracking and mapping data to be stored on servers outside of their borders. You are connecting from a computer in the US, which is why it says not trackable. I had a similar experience with maps, until I arrived in Korea. It would not give me turn by turn until I was physically inside Korea.

Dang. How long did it take from ordering to getting the cancelation email?
Soomlab ordered the adapter on the night of the 18th (afternoon on the 19th in SK). I got the cancelation today on the 22nd (afternoon on the 23rd in SK), so that means it took around 3 business days from ordering to getting the cancelation email.

I should probably tell Soomlab about this too so I can get a refund...

Soomlab ordered the adapter on the night of the 18th (afternoon on the 19th in SK). I got the cancelation today on the 22nd (afternoon on the 23rd in SK), so that means it took around 3 business days from ordering to getting the cancelation email.

I should probably tell Soomlab about this too so I can get a refund...
Dang. So I probably have a few days left.

thanks, I think at this point I'll be waiting for Tesla to release it in NA.

The only other place I've seen that claims to sell a Tesla adapter is here and as previously mentioned here it looks a bit sketchy...

Yes, those are the two sources I listed here as claiming to provide Tesla OEM adapters. All the remaining new sources (in 2022) appear to be preparing to provide Tesla-like (or cloned?) adapters (in coming months), or entirely different-in-appearance aftermarket adapters (similar to the original EVHub model from Ukraine, but manufactured in China). All may work fine, but at this point we can't really compare, since so many old and new adapters are either (a) not being released quite yet, (b) sold out, (c) allegedly being blocked by Tesla (I posit that those are the ones we really want!), or otherwise unavailable. The A2Z and Harmio aftermarket adapters are currently available, I believe. (Is that right?)

Yes, those are the two sources I listed here as claiming to provide Tesla OEM adapters. All the remaining new sources (in 2022) appear to be preparing to provide Tesla-like (or cloned?) adapters (in coming months), or entirely different-in-appearance aftermarket adapters (similar to the original EVHub model from Ukraine, but manufactured in China). All may work fine, but at this point we can't really compare, since so many old and new adapters are either (a) not being released quite yet, (b) sold out, (c) allegedly being blocked by Tesla (I posit that those are the ones we really want!), or otherwise unavailable. The A2Z and Harmio aftermarket adapters are currently available, I believe. (Is that right?)
thanks for making this spreadsheet, not sure how I feel about aftermarket adapters yet but I'm tired of waiting for Tesla...

sorry. looks like soomlab is a no-go.

now I'm really kicking myself for not ordering during "the golden era" (when you could buy it from harumio without a Tesla login)...

Same here unfortunately just checked my order history on Tesla SK.
I emailed them about it and they said they ordered it again a different way and to let them know if it gets canceled again so we'll see if this way works.

Reactions: BROWNxJESUS