Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS - buy now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed the cutoff by a few days at most, looks like they're now checking VINs to make sure the vehicle is in SK

This probably means prices for adapters on ebay are gonna skyrocket again... Has anyone here tested the A2Z adapter?
Yep. We bought an A2Z after missing the harumio OEM by a couple days. We have a road trip coming up that won’t be possible without an adapter so we rolled the dice on the A2Z. Good solid (read heavy) build. Solid click and lock onto the CCS handle. A little snug when removing but I need the exercise. Unfortunately our testing has only been on a few 50 kw FLO and BC hydro stations. Works well with no issue but will have to wait until next week to try it on a higher power machine.

Here is a screen shot from yesterdays test on a 50 KW FLO. 49 out of 50 kw. Not bad. Better than our Chademo on the same station.

0C6BAD64-4AD3-44E4-B9BB-17448EEFD3FD.png

Reactions: DrGriz
I have to say I got one from Harumio it got lost in transit for months m, it arrived about 2-3 weeks ago finally and it’s amazing. Here in Pasadena there is free DC fast charging, so I’ve been getting free power since getting the adapter and it’s really handy. Wish they would release them soon for everyone as lots of places it seems offer feee or reduced DC fast charging in some spots. There two Volta fast chargers by me too that are free with ads.

Reactions: stripes
At the moment, no, it's only DIY. That's because in theory, it's not really a feature they offer right now, it's just a thing some cars can do and some can't. Thus, if yours can't because it's too old or get a nerfed chip during a shortage, that's not Tesla failing, that's just you got unlucky with a thing that's not a feature anyway. There's some speculation the delay in rollout as a formal feature and selling adapters from Tesla in the US is about stock of ECUs and such to do retrofits the way they did for older Model S and X in Europe when the Model 3 came out with CCS2. They may not want a flood of people asking for it until they have stock, and keeping it low-profile, DIY-retrofit, CCS not officially supported, no adapter on sale, and only available to people willing to root around on the web helps keep the demand down. Who knows when that will change?
Sure wish Tesla could at least give us an expected date. I recently put in a service request for the CCS retrofit to see what the response would be. Tesla responded by only saying the retrofit was not yet available and canceled my order. I plan on taking a cross-country trip and would like to have the security of knowing that I could charge at a CCS station. “To thine own self be true.” I know I couldn’t do it myself.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Sure wish Tesla could at least give us an expected date. I recently put in a service request for the CCS retrofit to see what the response would be. Tesla responded by only saying the retrofit was not yet available and canceled my order. I plan on taking a cross-country trip and would like to have the security of knowing that I could charge at a CCS station. “To thine own self be true.” I know I couldn’t do it myself.
I got the part and did the retrofit myself ob my gen 4 charge port and it took 15 mins.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz