Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Retrofit Availability (2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case you're trying to find it, it is under "Upgrade & Accessories"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-154328.png
    Screenshot_20230322-154328.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 118
I've got the adapter but maybe don't want to wait until H2 for Tesla to make the retrofit available for Model Ys.

I came across this DIY. Anyone know for sure if installing myself will *not* violate the warranty?
Yeah I was thinking about that too, seems relatively easy but I don't know about the warranty

You should be able to just trigger a software reload from the Service menu. The process of refreshing the software triggers the Tesla Mothership to know your car is CCS Enabled. (At least it did when I upgraded mine...)
Don't you have to be at a service center to do this? I thought I read that a while back (that although you can get into the service menu, it won't do a software reload unless it sees you are at a SC)...

I rescheduled my mobile appointment to a Service Center visit at the new Ann Arbor MI location. I was in and out in about two hours, Best of all, my bill was $307 due to some mix up. :cool: I headed straight to a Shell branded CCS charger and everything worked flawlessly.
(2017 S 75D)
Just had mine done by a mobile ranger. No deal for me - $477 with tax. But in under an hour in time, in my garage, versus driving 1.5 hours each way to get to my nearest SC. Also pretty impressed with the build quality of the adapter. Expected a cheap piece of plastic. It's hefty...

I rescheduled my mobile appointment to a Service Center visit at the new Ann Arbor MI location. I was in and out in about two hours, Best of all, my bill was $307 due to some mix up. :cool: I headed straight to a Shell branded CCS charger and everything worked flawlessly.
(2017 S 75D)

I tested mine today - did some preconditioning (10 minute drive). Pulled into the SuC stall with 18% SOC and with it being 34F outside. Within about 5 minutes I was pulling 98kW. Disconnected then moved over to the EA stall right next to the Tesla stalls (they are side by side here at the Meijer in Bay City, MI). Plugged in and within 30 seconds was pulling 98kW from a 150kW EA unit. And even better, I wasn't even charged for the short time (couple minutes) I spent at their station, as I moved back to the SuC to finish my charging needs (lifetime free charging).

So, going the CCS adapter route appears to give identical performance, at least with my one test.