Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 from TESPLUS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No that would be the other way. A stronger dollar lowers the price in the USA
Tesla Owners in South Korea Conduct First Tests of Company's CCS Combo 1
I think the point is that when the CCS1 adapter launched in South Korea it was 299,200 won or $255 USD at the time. So I think $250 USD (equivalent) was the launch price Tesla always planned. Back then exchange rate worked out to around 1170-1200 won to $1 USD.

Due to changes in exchange rate, it is now around 1400 won to $1 USD, which works out to $213 USD. So the difference in USD price now (as opposed during launch in SK) is all due to exchange rate.

Reactions: julit0
Tesla Owners in South Korea Conduct First Tests of Company's CCS Combo 1
I think the point is that when the CCS1 adapter launched in South Korea it was 299,200 won or $255 USD at the time. So I think $250 USD (equivalent) was the launch price Tesla always planned. Back then exchange rate worked out to around 1170-1200 won to $1 USD.

Due to changes in exchange rate, it is now around 1400 won to $1 USD, which works out to $213 USD. So the difference in USD price now (as opposed during launch in SK) is all due to exchange rate.
299200 includes the taxes, the actual price is 272000.

And just like that the A2Z is now $227 USD ($300 CDN) but I doubt that's enough savings for people to buy that vs. $250 for the Tesla OEM one.

In Korea it sold for $220 including tax, in the USA $250 plus tax -- so they saw the demand and decided to make more from US customers.

Honestly 250 is a deal considering what people were paying just two weeks ago. People paid MORE for third party adapters.

If it was just greed here, the price could’ve been 280 and people still would not hesitate.

Reactions: jsight
299200 includes the taxes, the actual price is 272000.
Post I was responding to was from a discussion talking about $220 including tax (which is roughly the current/recent price solely due to exchange rate), I'm just saying that it was actually $255 including tax when it launched in SK last year. If SK tax works like VAT (where end user across the country sees prices with it included), I'm presuming any price targets for Tesla might be set with VAT included (like for example it's a certain price in that country with VAT and then in US it might be same price without VAT).
CCS1 from TESPLUS

That seems to quite common in product pricing because they want a nice end number for the consumer (like the 299,200 keeping it barely under 300,000).

Reactions: julit0
Honestly 250 is a deal considering what people were paying just two weeks ago. People paid MORE for third party adapters.

If it was just greed here, the price could’ve been 280 and people still would not hesitate.
My A2Z one cost about the same as the tesla one, so that wasn't a big deal, but I really had wanted the tesla one. Either way, i'm keeping what I have because no point in spending another $250 lol