Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 from TESPLUS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t order the CCS1 from HARUMIO but see where TESPLUS is taking pre-orders. I was waiting until we had the car. TESPLUS website says “Shipping will start the end of August 2022. My question should I order from them since it’s not known when or if you can order from HARUMIO in the future? I don’t have my MYLR (Sept 22- Nov 3 2022) yet but we do take long trip and I would like to have a CCS1 just in case.

I just placed an order via PayPal and Amex. I’ve never used them before but they seem legit. I’ll let you know as I receive updates but they charged me the amount immediately.

Canadian supercharging prices are nuts. We get billed by time not usage. Supercharging can get very expensive in the winter time on a cold soaked battery. Plan to retrofit my 3 shortly and I have a 2020 Y that supports it.

Our prices are $1.30+/min for 200kW+ VS Provincial Gov. sponsored Ivy DC EV chargers that offer up to 200kW for 33cents/min at their max.

Reactions: Clancey
Seems like TESPLUS is affiliated with Hannshow, because Paypal payment goes to them.

I also see the CCS1 adapter on Hannshow's site too, but shipping says mid-September based on the estimate

Hansshow is going to get shut down. It’s an exact copy of Tesla’s original adapter. Tesla will not accept an exact copy with the exact same design. Maybe I’m mistaken. It doesn’t smell good at all for them.

I just assumed it was an original adapter. I didn’t realize it’s a copy. Could it void the warranty?
The fact it’s an aftermarket adapter will not void your warranty. I ordered mine on A2Z EV SHOP. They were on preorders but I got my tracking number early this morning.

The only thing I’m stating is that if they’re using the same design as Tesla, they probably violating patents and etc. They will not last on the market, will take weeks before Tesla realizes and shuts them down.

I just assumed it was an original adapter. I didn’t realize it’s a copy. Could it void the warranty?
It's not a replica. It's an OEM Tesla CCS1 Adapter. Someone asked them that question on the product page. Unless they're lying, which I doubt.

Yeah, well the answer isn't that great: "Hi dear, our adapter is designed by Tesla OEM one.It is same charger speed as OEM one.". To me that sounds like they copied the design and it behaves "as the oem". It doesn't give a clear "it is the Tesla part" answer. Might just be a language issue though...
Fair enough, I asked TESPLUS Support via email. Will lyk what they have to say. If it's not OEM I'm cancelling that order.

Reactions: dodukes
If it really correctly follows the Tesla design (i.e. an exact copy up to the wire gauge, pin thickness, materials etc) it might work perfectly fine. I'm not saying it's not good. I'm just unsure of who the actual maker is. I've seen a preorder of adapters on a local facebook group and seems to talk about a replica of sorts... maybe this is the same replica they're talking about, maybe not. I'm just unsure. Again, replicas might be fine, you just need to know what you buy.

The picture on both sites is also of an OEM adapter, not even what you'll likely be getting. The box is the same as the box the OEM comes in and in the last pic when you zoom in you can see the Tesla logo, so all they did was throw up a couple pictures of the OEM adapter, not whatever they're actually selling:

1659715599178.png

Would not trust a pre-order.

OD 7/8: MYLR, MSM, Black Interior
EDD 10/8 - 10/27 ; 10/23 - 11/2; 10/27 - 10/31; 10/24 - 10/30 (Delivered)

lol seems like you had no problems pre-ordering your Tesla...

Sorry but you put that one out there, easy pickings...

Edit: I guess technically you ordered your Tesla, not pre-ordered, so I guess my bad...

Last edited:
It's not a replica. It's an OEM Tesla CCS1 Adapter. Someone asked them that question on the product page. Unless they're lying, which I doubt.

actually not - From the site:
"Hello, Is this Tesla CCS 1 adapter an OEM product from Tesla? Thanks"
Answers (1)
Anonymous 03/03/2022: "our adapter is designed by Tesla OEM one.It is same charger speed as OEM one. If you are interested in buying, i share 15% discount code with you. 15% code: Teslahsvera"

"I know the product is only for a tesla. Is the product manufactured and does have a tesla logo on it? Or is it a 3rd party made by someone other than tesla?"
Answers (1)
Hansshow 08/06/2022: "its a 3rd part~"
So an anonymous answer said the adapter is "designed by Tesla OEM one" but later on Hansshow says it's a 3rd party.