Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cell service indicator in new UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the old UI, there was an indicator along the top of the screen that told you how many bars of cell service the car was receiving. This was useful to me because I live in an area with very poor cell service (middle of Silicon Valley - LOL). I don't see the bars anymore. Are they located somewhere else?

Sometimes, Spotify wouldn't work even when I had good service, so I'd have to reboot to get it back online. Now that I don't see any indicators, I don't know if the service problem is due to poor reception of if I'm in need of yet another reboot.

Someone must have thought those 4 little ICONs took up too much space on that 15" display. I'm not sure what was broken and what they fixed by removing them yet leaving a few others?
the only thing that was broken is the common sense of the people in charge Tesla's User Interface!

They overarching theme seems to have been to bury as much as possible in menus but keep streaming connections, games and the web browser accessible. :confused: