Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CH/DE/AU Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your sales rep can tell you the ship name. You can call the Zurich store if that is your allocated store.
Do you remember the different stores? I originally had Bern but that was in Mieten so I changed it to Zürich but I just read they all go to Studen and you can pick it up there? I never saw that as an option…..

Also regarding number plate, you need to get that and bring it with you. So they will give you the 13.20 form (I think it’s called) and then with that form you call your insurance company, get them to transmit the paperwork to your local Verkehrsamt where you then go and pick up your number plate and bring it with you to the pickup… they don’t do that for you

Here under insurance

Wow, and you are meant to send this to your insurance company, go to the Strassenverkehrsamt, get your number plates and then go pick it up 48hrs later… seems a little crazy! I thought you got at least a week between getting the form and getting the car
It's was really crazy, I got the 13.20 form per post on the 15.06.22 /12:00 then call the insurance company to give the "Stamm-Nr." to get the "Versicherungnachweis" sent to the "Strassenverkehrsamt" (Schafisheim). Next day(16.06.2022) I returned (10:00) my previous car (wife) then drove to the "Strassenverkehrsamt" with the old "Fahrzeugausweis" and the 13.20 form to get the new "Fahrzeugausweis". Then took the train (13:45) to Bassersdorf ,Tesla delivery Hub closed to Zürich Airport (with the new "Fahrzeugausweis" and the "Nummernschild") and took delivery of the car around 15:30 then drove back and arrived around 17:00 at home. It's was a hard day ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: alessandro_apo
It's was really crazy, I got the 13.20 form per post on the 15.06.22 /12:00 then call the insurance company to give the "Stamm-Nr." to get the "Versicherungnachweis" sent to the "Strassenverkehrsamt" (Schafisheim). Next day(16.06.2022) I returned (10:00) my previous car (wife) then drove to the "Strassenverkehrsamt" with the old "Fahrzeugausweis" and the 13.20 form to get the new "Fahrzeugausweis". Then took the train (13:45) to Bassersdorf ,Tesla delivery Hub closed to Zürich Airport (with the new "Fahrzeugausweis" and the "Nummernschild") and took delivery of the car around 15:30 then drove back and arrived around 17:00 at home. It's was a hard day ;)
Wow far out. I am in Zurich all this week but live in Thun. I assumed that I would get the form last week so I could go get the kontrollachild and then take it with me to Zürich to pick up the car. This is obviously not going to work so it seems I will need to come back to Bern, get the documents, go to the Strassenverkehrsamt, get the number and train back to Zurich - what a *sugar* show.

So did you get a notification that it was sent by post? Or it just showed up…?

I was lucky I guess that my sales representative in Möhlin told me the ship name. He was not right though regarding when the text message comes for booking the time slot for pickup - he predicted it should have come yesterday already. No text message yet. Just the EDD on the app has been updated today to 21-28 June. Let's see.. I hope the text message comes tomorrow.

I was lucky I guess that my sales representative in Möhlin told me the ship name. He was not right though regarding when the text message comes for booking the time slot for pickup - he predicted it should have come yesterday already. No text message yet. Just the EDD on the app has been updated today to 21-28 June. Let's see.. I hope the text message comes tomorrow.
Now my EDD is 22-30 June

Do you remember the different stores? I originally had Bern but that was in Mieten so I changed it to Zürich but I just read they all go to Studen and you can pick it up there? I never saw that as an option…..

Also regarding number plate, you need to get that and bring it with you. So they will give you the 13.20 form (I think it’s called) and then with that form you call your insurance company, get them to transmit the paperwork to your local Verkehrsamt where you then go and pick up your number plate and bring it with you to the pickup… they don’t do that for you

Here under insurance
Hmm, that is not great. But are you sure? As their prep page didn't mention any license plate at all.

What do I need to take with me on the day of delivery?
  • Your driving license (all holders entered in the registration)
  • Copy of your current car insurance certificate (or proof of a Tesla policy, if required)
  • Final payment (if picking up your vehicle in a Tesla-authorized country)
  • Proof of ownership of the vehicle traded-in.
  • By trading in your vehicle, you accept these terms.

Wow far out. I am in Zurich all this week but live in Thun. I assumed that I would get the form last week so I could go get the kontrollachild and then take it with me to Zürich to pick up the car. This is obviously not going to work so it seems I will need to come back to Bern, get the documents, go to the Strassenverkehrsamt, get the number and train back to Zurich - what a *sugar* show.

So did you get a notification that it was sent by post? Or it just showed up…?
My Tesla sales rep (SC Möhlin) informed me about getting the 13.20 form within 48 hours prior to the date of delivery.

Hmm, that is not great. But are you sure? As their prep page didn't mention any license plate at all.

What do I need to take with me on the day of delivery?
  • Your driving license (all holders entered in the registration)
  • Copy of your current car insurance certificate (or proof of a Tesla policy, if required)
  • Final payment (if picking up your vehicle in a Tesla-authorized country)
  • Proof of ownership of the vehicle traded-in.
  • By trading in your vehicle, you accept these terms.
Ugh there is so much miss info and hard to understand info. So someone who has their car, did the 13.20 come digitally or in the mail?

Did you need to collect your numberplate? @PatrickCH4313 said he brought his kontrollschild with him

From their FAQ Page

Was muss ich zur Fahrzeugübergabe am Liefertermin mitbringen?
Bitte bringen Sie einen gültigen Personalausweis, Führerschein, Kfz-Kennzeichen und ggf. Ihren Leasingvertrag mit.
Zurück zum Seitenanfang

Wie erhalte ich mein Kfz-Kennzeichen bzw. mein Kontrollschild?
Sie erhalten Ihr Kontrollschild von Ihrer zuständigen Zulassungsbehörde. Vor Ihrem Zulassungstermin müssen Sie Ihrer Versicherung Ihr Formular '13.20A' überstellen. Wir werden Ihnen dieses Formular per Post zusenden.
Zurück zum Seitenanfang

Last edited:
Ugh there is so much miss info and hard to understand info. So someone who has their car, did the 13.20 come digitally or in the mail?

Did you need to collect your numberplate? @PatrickCH4313 said he brought his kontrollschild with him

From their FAQ Page

Was muss ich zur Fahrzeugübergabe am Liefertermin mitbringen?
Bitte bringen Sie einen gültigen Personalausweis, Führerschein, Kfz-Kennzeichen und ggf. Ihren Leasingvertrag mit.
Zurück zum Seitenanfang

Wie erhalte ich mein Kfz-Kennzeichen bzw. mein Kontrollschild?
Sie erhalten Ihr Kontrollschild von Ihrer zuständigen Zulassungsbehörde. Vor Ihrem Zulassungstermin müssen Sie Ihrer Versicherung Ihr Formular '13.20A' überstellen. Wir werden Ihnen dieses Formular per Post zusenden.
Zurück zum Seitenanfang

Great info, thanks for it. I would never think of this. So another item on the list to do once the delivery date is confirmed.
I just asked my sales rep to inform me of literally everything they expect on the day. Especially as I have a trade-in car as well. :)

So my app shows 24-30th June - I called Tesla this morning to ask for a better pickup date, they said it is currently at 28th June then another day to get it to Bassersdorf. I then asked if I could change the pickup location from Bassersdorf to Studen as it is closer for me, they said they would verify today and get back to me. They mentioned that if I did that I might get it earlier as that is where they all go first.

They also said I need to bring my own numberplates and that the 13.20a will only come 1-2 days before.

Will let you know what happens.

Quindi la mia app mostra il 24-30 giugno: ho chiamato Tesla questa mattina per chiedere una data di ritiro migliore, hanno detto che al momento è il 28 giugno, quindi un altro giorno per portarlo a Bassersdorf. Ho quindi chiesto se potevo cambiare il luogo di ritiro da Bassersdorf a Studen poiché è più vicino per me, hanno detto che avrebbero verificato oggi e mi avrebbero ricontattato. Hanno detto che se l'avessi fatto avrei potuto ottenerlo prima perché è lì che vanno tutti per primi.

Hanno anche detto che devo portare le mie targhe e che le 13.20 arriveranno solo 1-2 giorni prima.

Ti farò sapere cosa succede.
Interesting.. i'm free from today to saturday ... 27-28-29-30 i'm in Portugal so if it's possibile i will ask to move my delivery to Studen (if it will be possible)..

I told you guys that Studen is the main first point :) By the way, if we have the same-day delivery, I'm happy to give you a lift from Basel by car. Since I have a trade-in one I have to go with that anyway.

my Tesla.com still say Estimated delivery: June 20 - June 30 for me

I told you guys that Studen is the main first point :) By the way, if we have the same-day delivery, I'm happy to give you a lift from Basel by car. Since I have a trade-in one I have to go with that anyway.

my Tesla.com still say Estimated delivery: June 20 - June 30 for me
I called Tesla and they told me that until Wednesday they doesn’t know where the car will be delivered.. so Wednesday they will call me to give me more info about it.