Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Challenging to drive efficiently ;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I could, and will likely be better in the future, but I'm finding it VERY difficult to not keep taking my model 3 from 0 zero or low speed up to whatever almost as quickly (sometimes as quickly) as this car will allow me!! Especially in this first few days of ownership!

Definitely not braking any records for lowest watts/per mile!!!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and dmurphy
I'm sure I could, and will likely be better in the future, but I'm finding it VERY difficult to not keep taking my model 3 from 0 zero or low speed up to whatever almost as quickly (sometimes as quickly) as this car will allow me!! Especially in this first few days of ownership!

Be careful at lights. Fast acceleration is a recipe for being t-boned by a red light runner.

I'm getting better an efficient driving after more than a month of having my SR+, but I can't help myself but show off at the stoplights when loud, expensive ICE sports (or just expensive) car is next to me. :) I have a good excuse for that - I think I'm helping to send a word around about the Tesla cars. I'm sure those guys in Subaru WRXs or Chevy Hellcats will definitely check out Tesla's website after getting embarrassed by the family car :)

Reactions: Dads-reward
I had a friend riding with me, and I took off pretty hard, which I don't usually do, and he said, "How can you NOT always be playing with that?"
It's just that a couple of decades of always driving little economy and hybrid cars has trained my driving habits on the softer, easygoing ways.

I put mine on chill mode for this exact reason. It’s tempting to keep launching the car.

So funny. I never had a car with so much GO, sometimes I have to remind myself to be normal, like when Superman picks up a glass without breaking it. :)

• Funny
Reactions: GoCartz and byeLT4