Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im a little confused with this priority. So im currently made reservations for the model 3 on august 18th, 2017. My parents are interested in the model s. If they were to get a brand new model s, and I was willing to wait for the short range model 3, will i be get priority when the short range model 3 is available for configuration? Or will there be no priority at all, and getting a new model 3 wont affect my current delivery estimates?

Im a little confused with this priority. So im currently made reservations for the model 3 on august 18th, 2017. My parents are interested in the model s. If they were to get a brand new model s, and I was willing to wait for the short range model 3, will i be get priority when the short range model 3 is available for configuration? Or will there be no priority at all, and getting a new model 3 wont affect my current delivery estimates?
I literally just reserved 3/31/18 for the first production as an S owner and my delivery estimate shows "Mid 2018" So i'd say priority is alive and well, from what I can tell anyway

I purchased an S on 3/31/18 and a week later got my invite for a 3. So yes you will get priority.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
The sheer volume of wildly incorrect information that has come out of Tesla reps over the years causes me to not believe a word they say... and they almost always seem confident about their "information."

I second this. I talked to a sales representative yesterday inquiring on the status of my 3 (configured 4/18, no VIN) and he had no information. I then asked a follow up question regarding an invoice (or lack thereof) for installation of my HPWC by Tesla to which the rep said Tesla has not and never will self-perform installation, they only use recommended electricians. I had to inform him that Tesla does indeed install HPWC in select states, AZ being one of them, and they installed mine about a month ago. He was quiet for a few seconds and then said, oh yeah, I can see it right here on your profile that Tesla Energy did installation for you. Then said he wasn’t familiar because he’s in California (whatever the hell that has to do with anything). Why would one be so emphatic on what the company does or does not offer when one is clearly uninformed?

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Took delivery of a model 3 on Monday, and loved it so much I’ve decided to order another. Put down a reservation yesterday (6/2/18), and in the confirmation email, it stated that priority for owners is still a thing.

Attachments

• 4B917FFC-E4D8-4358-AB62-E8BD2D6A8118.jpeg
    4B917FFC-E4D8-4358-AB62-E8BD2D6A8118.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 74
Took delivery of a model 3 on Monday, and loved it so much I’ve decided to order another. Put down a reservation yesterday (6/2/18), and in the confirmation email, it stated that priority for owners is still a thing.

Still a thing if you want RWD/first delivery config.... does not appear to be a thing for P or AWD based on all the invites for that so far not seeming to care about being an owner

Owners could still have priority delivery even if they are allowing owners and non-owners to order based on reservation time.

I can't speak to awd/p but like i said above I reserved a RWD/First Production 5/31/18 and my estimate says mid 2018 so at least for first production the full priority exists. Seems like it's a lot more first come first serve on everything else though

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Owners could still have priority delivery even if they are allowing owners and non-owners to order based on reservation time.

Except that wouldn't make sense.

Why would they be giving priority to people who can't even order?

If owners got first priority on AWD/P they'd have to get priority to actually order those configs. And we know for a fact they don't as many owners haven't gotten invited to order those but many non-owners have- and all those invites appear based exclusively on reservation time.

(Plus numerous folks have spoken to people at Tesla and been told reservaton time is the only factor being considered for AWD/P configs.... not that that's terribly reliable info, but supported by the data from actual invites it appears accurate)

Except that wouldn't make sense.

Why would they be giving priority to people who can't even order?

If owners got first priority on AWD/P they'd have to get priority to actually order those configs. And we know for a fact they don't as many owners haven't gotten invited to order those but many non-owners have- and all those invites appear based exclusively on reservation time.
It's not that hard to figure out.

Say, for example, there were 2500 reservations from 9:00 to 9:15. They could open up orders for all of those 2500 reservations (owners and non-owners). If 10% (250 orders) were from owners, they could prioritize those 250 orders and deliver them before the other 2250 orders made by the non-owners. That way everyone can still order based on their spot in line and owners can still get priority deliveries. :rolleyes:

Tesla has said orders are being allowed based on time of reservation and they have also said owners are still getting priority delivery. This scenario matches both of those statements from Tesla.

It's not that hard to figure out.

Say, for example, there were 2500 reservations from 9:00 to 9:15. They could open up orders for all of those 2500 reservations (owners and non-owners). If 10% (250 orders) were from owners, they could prioritize those 250 orders and deliver them before the other 2250 orders made by the non-owners. That way everyone can still order based on their spot in line and owners can still get priority deliveries. :rolleyes:

Tesla has said orders are being allowed based on time of reservation and they have also said owners are still getting priority delivery. This scenario matches both of those statements from Tesla.

... I guess... but that's an incredibly weird and overly complex way of doing something, without really giving owners much priority.

Because in your hypothetical they're doing significantly more logistics work, and still ending up with a non-owner who reserved at 9:15 getting his car before an owner who reserved at 9:16 (because that owner didn't even get to place an order).

Gets even more complex if say all the owners in a specific time-group happen to be from an area with low capacity for deliveries- do they stick to your suggested method and delay a ton of non-owner deliveries until that DC can catch up to insure owners got "priority deliver", leaving inventory stockpiled and undeliviered? That doesn't make much sense either.

Did you ask specifically about AWD? If FP owner priority is still in place, it is no surprise you will get AN invitation. Question remains about THE invitation. Have they been lying about priority to all who called them?

I did not. I'm in the market for a first production, not an awd so my question was pertaining to that. I know i've heard people suggest even first production didn't have priority anymore so I wanted to debunk that for myself. But just figured i'd share what i got

I feel like people just don't like that owners get priority and constantly try to spread the word that owners don't get priority. I ordered in march, getting my car in two weeks. And the FAQ's on tesla's website have always said owners get priority. I feel like people just really don't like it so they will purposefully post that owners don't, to try to stop owners from line jumping. Tesla has been around since 2012, and I am thankful to each and everyone of the people who had the $$ to invest in tesla, those roadster purchases did us all a solid. I do understand the frustration of those who stood in line, and I totally get it, I just don't get people posting stuff that isn't true.