Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge handle too smooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was surprised to find no thread on this already. Does anyone else find the handle of the charger to be too smooth? I find it hard to get a grip with one hand and often fail to get it disconnected from the car on the first try. I feel like I need to wrap it in a motorcycle handlebar grip or something.

I've never really had a problem with it. I kinda feel like the smooth nature of the charger handle is what keeps them from getting kind of gross at superchargers, etc.

Perhaps you could lightly sand yours to improve the grip? Just avoid sanding the bit that actually goes into the charge port.

It was delivered 12/30, so yes, it's a quite recent build. After watching a couple of videos, I think my charge port just has a slightly tighter fit than spec. Other people seem to be able to disconnect it with one hand even at an angle with a gentle tug.

If the darn thing weren't designed like a snake's head, it wouldn't matter.

It was delivered 12/30, so yes, it's a quite recent build. After watching a couple of videos, I think my charge port just has a slightly tighter fit than spec. Other people seem to be able to disconnect it with one hand even at an angle with a gentle tug.

If the darn thing weren't designed like a snake's head, it wouldn't matter.

Other than you may have a problem getting a Supercharger plugged in. You might want to test it and see if you need to go to the service center to get the port replaced or resculpted.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tysto