Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge start time disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I used to have my car set to begin charging in my garage at 10.00 daily with quite a low amperage, so as to use my roof solar to provide a lot of the electricity.
Sometime after an update the ability to set this seems to have disappeared: I can set a scheduled departure charge but unless I've missed something I've lost this.

It is still there on my 3LR (2021.32.10)

IMG_8420.jpg

I used to have my car set to begin charging in my garage at 10.00 daily with quite a low amperage, so as to use my roof solar to provide a lot of the electricity.
Sometime after an update the ability to set this seems to have disappeared: I can set a scheduled departure charge but unless I've missed something I've lost this.
I think you will find what you are after if you touch ‘schedule’ which is roughly where atj777 has show in above, and once in schedule touch settings on the upper right hand side. There are a couple of check boxes you may need to activate. (Model S v 32.10)

Sorry about the image! Nothing I press gives me the option of setting a start time.
Pressing "schedule" then pressing "Settings" gives just the two images:

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 35
  • Pressing settings.JPG
    Pressing settings.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Pressing schedule.JPG
    Pressing schedule.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 32
Sorry about the image! Nothing I press gives me the option of setting a start time.
I think this will do what you want;
Set off peak start time at whatever time you want to start charging eg 10am
Set the time it needs to be charged by (presumably end of solar day) eg 4pm
Turn off pre-conditioning to avoid that occuring every day.
This should then charge only during your preset off peak period, which is your solar period….hopefully
Someone at tesla is overcomplicating what was a simple function.

Turn off “Off Peak Charging“ and “Preconditioning“ in the “settings“ section of Scheduled Departure charging, as shown in your middle picture, then return to the main charging screen and tap the “Switch to Scheduled charging“ link in very small writing under the “Schedule“ button. It may take two or three taps.
You will know it has worked when you see the option to set a Scheduled Charge Start time reappear As shown in @atj777 picture.

Last edited:
Turn off “Off Peak Charging“ and “Preconditioning“ in the “settings“ section of Scheduled Departure charging, as shown in your middle picture, then return to the main charging screen and tap the “Switch to Scheduled charging“ link in very small writing under the “Schedule“ button. It may take two or three taps.
You will know it has worked when you see the option to set a Scheduled Charge Start time reappear As shown in @atj777 picture.
Many thanks!
I had done the "Switch to scheduled charging" link tap several times with no effect but did what you said with half a dozen taps and it worked.
Tesla software really is a bundle of cr*p. From the voice non-recognition to the sometimes-here-sometimes-there UI it's a real mess, and in this case the link certainly doesn't LOOK like a link at all.
Cheers!