Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Tesla app new feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Powerwall gateway in my app as well.
the gateway side has no settings for energy cost and never has had.
when I input the correct prices and save, it doesn’t and for whatever reason isn’t showing a cost even though the built in rates are higher.
All the energy providers are US based.
looks like a typical “half done job”. Barely configurable and unintuitive.
home plan says it’s customisable but just saves the plan without being able to customise. Adding a new plan, links it to home plan but doesn’t save any changes!
anyone with a Powerwall gateway managed to change it?View attachment 761670View attachment 761671View attachment 761671
Cracked it. Use start over to add a new energy plan. What a faff!
it does round up to the next £ though
89AB94A9-36DF-4BCD-B8D8-D20B3889E197.png

I set up my prices and cheap rates etc and all looked well but the settings are not being used for the calculation. I did the "start over" and carefully put everything in again but my prices are still not being used for the calculation. Any ideas? (Car software is presently 2021.44.30.11)

I thought that was pretty intuitive, once it was clear that it was US centric on the providers……agree though ref UK fuel prices and MPG as already stated earlier
Going into settings didn’t make changes but going Via time of use at home gave better access to the right settings
I guess it will get expanded but when I start charging solely on solar again, the costs will lose the plot!

Going into settings didn’t make changes but going Via time of use at home gave better access to the right settings
I guess it will get expanded but when I start charging solely on solar again, the costs will lose the plot!
The rounding daily doesn’t help, the summary usage for me is 5% light, so when I add the daily use and multiply by my kWh rate then with rounding up to the nearest £, the calculations are (sort of) correct 😆

Three issues I can see-

1. It rounds up to £1/day which is pretty inaccurate over a month.

2. The fuel cost comparison doesn’t say what price and mpg it’s based on, or let you set them.

3. It’s on the main menu, making the new app more cumbersome. It already needs a redesign, or at the least some options to be moved in to submenus.
OK - jump on it all you like for it not being perfect, but really its a beta feature you didn't have yesterday.

No doubt they will improve it.

That’s not correct. Quote a few of us who are leased to third parties don’t have the option.
Doesn't make sense really, unless the leasing company includes all your energy costs in the monthly payment?!

If you control your car through the app, pay for the energy you put into the car yourself and and have access to all the standard other features - shouldn't make any difference. All the car is doing is reporting back to the app on how many kw/h's have gone in over 30 days.

Last edited:
Really like the quick fuel savings view on this. It would be nice to know exactly what fuel rates/mpg they are using or make it configurable but I suppose it will be the same calculations they use on the website and they aren't too bad actually.

I've today updated the Android app to 4.5.1-864 and car (M3 LR Dec 21) is running 2021.44.30.11

It's not showing for me.

The car is leased BTW (from Lex)

The "What's New" in the Android app just says minor bug fixes, doesn't say anything about being able to see the cars charging stats.

Doesn't make sense really, unless the leasing company includes all your energy costs in the monthly payment?!

If you control your car through the app, pay for the energy you put into the car yourself and and have access to all the standard other features - shouldn't make any difference. All the car is doing is reporting back to the app on how many kw/h's have gone in over 30 days.
Yes it’s ridiculous. The charging has nothing to do with them.

Reactions: RobbieBurns