Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine Friday after going to the dealership and speaking with them. They told me unless something changed anyone after July 1 should be eligible but they could not guarantee anything beyond that and to watch out for an update this week so i think they knew. I figured worst case I’d lose $100 but i wanted to get my order in before everyone in NJ ordered at the same time. So I ordered on July 2nd. My model 3 says aug 16-sept 4th right now.

I ordered mine Friday after going to the dealership and speaking with them. They told me unless something changed anyone after July 1 should be eligible but they could not guarantee anything beyond that and to watch out for an update this week so i think they knew. I figured worst case I’d lose $100 but i wanted to get my order in before everyone in NJ ordered at the same time. So I ordered on July 2nd. My model 3 says aug 16-sept 4th right now.
Did your rebate show up anywhere on the invoice or anything?

check out the video shared above you will notice comments about 83% of incentives goes to tesla (I have no issues with that). Also notice pricing structure model Y is not getting full incentive. . Vehicle order date is a consideration now there are many clues if you know how to read between the lines, shades of gray.

website doesn't mentioned start date yet right? or I missed it.
That's not BPU's problem, and definitely not "discriminatory to Tesla" that the Model Y is above the new $45K threshold. Plenty of new Tesla owners in NJ will still be eligible for both tier rebates. Unless something changes for Phase 2, they have ALWAYS gone be order date, this is nothing new.

Honestly, it sounds like argument points after the realization of an ineligible order because they couldn't wait, or didn't order in time.

Did your rebate show up anywhere on the invoice or anything?
No but I did not expect it to. I put my expected down payment with the expected $5k added in there but none of that seems to be official until you sign the documents. Assuming this is your first order like me, ordering is very basic. Like buying something on Amazon. You agree to pay $100 and put in your credit card and afterwards they do credit checks and ask about registration and your expected down payment.

I was checking statistics and found this in notes.
July 6 is the start date according to this

57A623A6-98AB-4A34-9598-EE771D2E5CE5.png

Reactions: mc02
No mention on the start date anywhere, I emailed them for clarification.

The below screenshot from the terms does look pretty bad for anyone who ordered in advance:View attachment 681867

BUT, nowhere in the required documentation for the dealer applications does it say the order agreement has to be included. I'm not really sure how they would vet that requirement, unless the purchase agreement with Tesla explicitly states the original order date as well. It almost seems like scout's honor going by the fact that you're signing and agreeing to the terms, but maybe someone who's been through the purchase process can clarify there.
I bet the Terms and Conditions document buyers need to sign has the statement that the vehicles had be ordered after the start date...

• A full and complete copy of Charge Up New Jersey Terms and Conditions signed by the applicant.*

Where are the notes found at?
Check the 3rd tab - Notes