Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a full list anywhere of all the incentives someone could take advantage of in NJ. I am ordering my MYLR soon and want to plan with the charger and everything but keep saying different things I can take advantage of (both federally and in NJ). Is there a comprehensive list?
Right now, just the 30% Fed incentive for charger install and the NJ Charge Up program with up to $5,000 back depending on your MSRP. For Model Y, you're only eligible for $2,000 if you keep the price tag under $55,000.

Reactions: asaggesejr
Is there a full list anywhere of all the incentives someone could take advantage of in NJ. I am ordering my MYLR soon and want to plan with the charger and everything but keep saying different things I can take advantage of (both federally and in NJ). Is there a comprehensive list?
The main advantage is no sales tax on a purchase or lease + POS (point of sale) instant rebates of:

$5,000 on cars up to $45k MSRP
$2,000 on cars up to $55k MSRP

the MSRP is defined as before destination, doc and any other line items that do not “add value to the future resale of the vehicle”. Options, wheels, interior upgrades, etc are all counted in the MSRP for rebate purposes.

Did your 5k credit show up?
Yes. It never showed up until I got the alert to schedule delivery and they told me to pay them. It took it off the down payment amount. So don’t worry it will show up automatically when it’s time to pay them. It shows up like below on the payment details page.

Additional Credits​

Charge Up New Jersey Incentive
- $5,000.00
Contingent on residents signing any required documentation

Yes. It never showed up until I got the alert to schedule delivery and they told me to pay them. It took it off the down payment amount. So don’t worry it will show up automatically when it’s time to pay them. It shows up like below on the payment details page.

Additional Credits​

Charge Up New Jersey Incentive
- $5,000.00
Contingent on residents signing any required documentation
Awesome. Enjoy the new ride

Reactions: Njguy1001
Is this okay?
I asked the Tesla SA in Princeton when the New Jersey Charge Up Rebate Incentive -2K$ would apply as I did not see it on the invoice or order agreement.

He mentioned "That gets applied when you pick up the car." But wouldn't I have to pay the car off first before delivery date? I'm confused. I'm still awaiting for a VIN

That sounds right as it’s a POS (point of sale) instant rebate. Whatever balance you owe on delivery day should deduct the rebate.
Is this okay?
I asked the Tesla SA in Princeton when the New Jersey Charge Up Rebate Incentive -2K$ would apply as I did not see it on the invoice or order agreement.

He mentioned "That gets applied when you pick up the car." But wouldn't I have to pay the car off first before delivery date? I'm confused. I'm still awaiting for a VIN
I received an email saying my vin number was assigned and when I looked at my invoice the $2k was taken off the amount that was due, that’s when the $2k showed up on my invoice.
they will take it off once the vin number is assigned

The main advantage is no sales tax on a purchase or lease + POS (point of sale) instant rebates of:

$5,000 on cars up to $45k MSRP
$2,000 on cars up to $55k MSRP

the MSRP is defined as before destination, doc and any other line items that do not “add value to the future resale of the vehicle”. Options, wheels, interior upgrades, etc are all counted in the MSRP for rebate purposes.
What is your order date?

Just spoke to a rep in Springfield, NJ. He said that because my order date was before July 7th, I would not qualify for the charge up NJ rebate. He also said that because when I made my order (back in March) the Model Y was $3k cheaper, a normal hack he does which is re-generate the order from scratch, would not be beneficial since the price increase is more than the rebate. This seems pretty lame to me - has anyone else heard this story?

Just spoke to a rep in Springfield, NJ. He said that because my order date was before July 7th, I would not qualify for the charge up NJ rebate. He also said that because when I made my order (back in March) the Model Y was $3k cheaper, a normal hack he does which is re-generate the order from scratch, would not be beneficial since the price increase is more than the rebate. This seems pretty lame to me - has anyone else heard this story?
What was your order date?

yes, rule is if you ordered before program launch, no money. SA is wrong though, program launched 07/06.

Orders prior to the Phase 2 start date are not eligible.

Has anyone heard anything about transferring a VIN from a pre-July 6 order to a post-July 6 order?

I ordered a MY in June which should (knock on wood) be getting a VIN in the next few weeks, but once I found out that the incentive would not apply to the order, I placed another order for an identical MY.

• Disagree
Reactions: Chemios
Has anyone heard anything about transferring a VIN from a pre-July 6 order to a post-July 6 order?

I ordered a MY in June which should (knock on wood) be getting a VIN in the next few weeks, but once I found out that the incentive would not apply to the order, I placed another order for an identical MY.Wh
What’s there to transfer? You can’t game the system by “transferring” a VIN.

That’s pretty unfair to the rest of us that did our research and waited until the program actually went live, especially considering how this expires once funds are used up.

Also, new order has a higher price tag right?

Pretty sure this came up already and SA’s told people no.

Reactions: MG535