Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargeplace Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla drivers try to charge at the CPS chargers, because they are free, leaving the Tesla chargers mostly deserted. Hopefully soon non-Teslas will be able to charge at the Tesla units, assuming the Dutch trial is successful.

I'm thinking Dundee may be a special case in that regard ... having handy CPS charging and Tesla Supercharging close to each other. Though it may happen in other places hopefully it's not to the same extent.

I used Dundee a few weeks ago, it's in a hotel car park and I could be wrong but I don't recall any CPS etc? you sure you're not thinking about Perth?
I was just meaning that the prevalence of free charging opportunities in the city relatively close by may have an effect on the Supercharger usage as referred to by the OP who was suggesting the Tesla chargers were "mostly deserted".

• Helpful
Reactions: Teddy69
Came across this place courtesy or my Son who glimpsed it on a previous trip, Castle View Park and Ride just outside of Stirling in Bonnie Scotland , 3 Rapids, 18 Fast and about 36 Slow Chargers. It's a Park and Ride Facility so whether stopping for a 30 Min Top up , having Lunch / Dinner at the nearby River House Restaurant is nice (no affiliation) or Shopping for the day I think they have got the balance really right, oh and the it's free it you live in Scotland.

I think every UK City needs a couple of these Charge Place Scotland, Gridserve or Tesla or whatever it's the only way that EV's will really work.
Free bus too, into the City!