Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Chargeplace Scotland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came across this place courtesy or my Son who glimpsed it on a previous trip, Castle View Park and Ride just outside of Stirling in Bonnie Scotland , 3 Rapids, 18 Fast and about 36 Slow Chargers. It's a Park and Ride Facility so whether stopping for a 30 Min Top up , having Lunch / Dinner at the nearby River House Restaurant is nice (no affiliation) or Shopping for the day I think they have got the balance really right, oh and the it's free it you live in Scotland.

I think every UK City needs a couple of these Charge Place Scotland, Gridserve or Tesla or whatever it's the only way that EV's will really work.

Came across this place courtesy or my Son who glimpsed it on a previous trip, Castle View Park and Ride just outside of Stirling in Bonnie Scotland , 3 Rapids, 18 Fast and about 36 Slow Chargers. It's a Park and Ride Facility so whether stopping for a 30 Min Top up , having Lunch / Dinner at the nearby River House Restaurant is nice (no affiliation) or Shopping for the day I think they have got the balance really right, oh and the it's free it you live in Scotland.

I think every UK City needs a couple of these Charge Place Scotland, Gridserve or Tesla or whatever it's the only way that EV's will really work.
Picture

Picture
Confession: Did not watch the video (on a conference call 🤫)
There is an old Standalone Charger off to one side looks like they did a very significant upgrade at some point, very lucky for any EV Drivers in the Stirling Area or regularly driving through it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_150731.jpg
    IMG_20211026_150731.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 64
used it the other week and no cost. can’t help but think that it needs more rapid chargers given its location (speaking as an i3 owner too) I got the last one when I was there. ditto Broxden at perth where queues for the rapids are not uncommon. Only 50kW in both cases.

Oxford is getting something similar, 300KW Fastned, SuperChargers and 7KW chargers at Redbridge Park and Ride. All backed by battery storage to keep the electricity green and cheaper.

This sort of investments are quite possible, and resolve the much claimed issue of charging without offstreet parking, people in flats etc. It's not hard to imagine how all EVs can work.

used it the other week and no cost. can’t help but think that it needs more rapid chargers given its location (speaking as an i3 owner too) I got the last one when I was there. ditto Broxden at perth where queues for the rapids are not uncommon. Only 50kW in both cases.
I agree that they could use more Rapids but given the Park and Ride nature of the site I think they've made a great start and should be applauded for if other Local Authorities were doing this we'd all be happier. In my local area there are 2 Chargers 1 of which has been broken for months which means the other one is constantly rammed and very hard to access, facilities like this would completely remove these concerns and help drive EV Adoption.

Oxford is getting something similar, 300KW Fastned, SuperChargers and 7KW chargers at Redbridge Park and Ride. All backed by battery storage to keep the electricity green and cheaper.

This sort of investments are quite possible, and resolve the much claimed issue of charging without offstreet parking, people in flats etc. It's not hard to imagine how all EVs can work.
I know it wasn’t your point but Tesla are in on this site too. Shame Tesla arn’t putting up canopies like Fastned.